3rd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

Do any of you camp?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 06:38 PM
Casper50
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Do any of you camp?

ORIGINAL: Altair

How much length do you get in there though?
I'll measure it all out when I get it set up but it should be a little over 80 inches of floor length which will be plenty for me.

Old 03-20-2007, 07:02 PM
graythang
Record Breaker

We bought a used Colman pop up and it has everything we need and more. I like to beable to just leave it at the site and head out in the Dak for whatever reason without having to do anything. Plus I have a topper so the bedtent wouldn't work. The idea has been around for yearsand I see allot of themat the grounds. It beats a tent in a washout any day.

Old 03-20-2007, 07:05 PM
Casper50
Veteran

I am going to look at other mattresses but I like that one because it comes with its own electric pump,wraps around the wheel wells, and covers the entire tailgate. They make another one just like it but a lot more durable and it runs $180! [sm=insomnia.gif]Now that's a little pricey for me.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:05 AM
texanrcp
Professional

Would love to see real pics when you get this up

Old 01-16-2011, 09:19 PM
golfnate07

I would like to see the pictures too, im sorry to resurrect this topic but i was looking at getting one of these myself for camping this summer, and would like some feedback from others!

Old 01-28-2011, 05:59 PM
gjmoran
Captain

i just went camping in the desert on thanksgiving weekend and there were 3 or 4 people at my campsite who had them and i actually envied them because they werent sleeping on the freezing ground like i was. only thing is i was planning on getting a truckbed toolbox that fits edge to edge, and this wouldnt work unless i could find a toolbox that sits on rails on the inside of the bed, but still has lips that overlap the top of the bed edges. i dunno i think im asking for too much lol. oh and i would rather get like a futon type rollup bed, i could see that being way warmer and more comfy, just bigger than the air mattress..

Old 05-18-2011, 04:00 PM
Rampitup

Hey, I like the truck tent called Sportztenz. The only problem is getting in and out of the truck in the middle of the night or after a long night. I need to ease my way to comforting surface of the earth. I found the Z-Bench at a Sportsman show in Arizona and it is really great with my truck tent. By the fire my wife and can share the bench. It works as a table and is a really good solid step holding over 600 lbs Here's a picture http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6825/sportstent.jpg

Quick Reply: Do any of you camp?