3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Tonneau or Shell? Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 04:44 PM
Night_Runner
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tonneau or Shell? Help

also, its actually made in sections and zippered together (which cannot be seen)....so when installed, they install the sections 1 by 1, so if u did it at home, everything would have to match perfect....there are 4, maybe 5 sections, i forgot

Old 04-16-2007, 04:55 PM
mb18
Record Breaker

That's interesting. When they installed my BedRug, they had the whole deal assembled before I got there. I backed in, they cleaned the bed and, to install, they just put it in, and gradually started sticking the velcro down, piece by piece, and working it so it fit nice and tight on the bed.

After that, they put the cap/topper on and took care of that.

Old 04-16-2007, 05:10 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

they prefit mine as a whole, put a piece of blue masking tape on the bedrug where the velcro would be on the bottom, then removed the bedrug, and looked at it as a reference (1 section at a time) to lay down the velcro, again, laid the bedrug as a while after the velcro was in, didnt peel the side that would stick on the bedrug, everything was great, so they took it out and then peeled it and put it in piece by piece, then they worked on the tonneau

Quick Reply: Tonneau or Shell? Help