3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Front end bounce

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 03:43 AM
CalTruck
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Front end bounce

I'm sorry for the tease. The sales guy said that this model was for models 2000-2005. I don't know??? As for the ride, I haven't a clue.

I'll tell you though, I wonder if the front shocks are doing anything. It feels more like springs up front as opposed to a shock that is supposed to dampen the movement. It is really rediculous!

Old 04-12-2007, 04:09 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of my friends commented tonight that my dak "rode stiff". I'm surprised I didn't hit a telephone pole while I was staring at him in disbelief, the suspension is as soft as my 98 trooper was. Here's hoping Bilstein comes out with shocks soon.

Old 04-12-2007, 05:00 PM
dakoduh
Rookie

hey guys I just returned from wheelin & ridin in moab UT. Anyway it was during the easter jeep safari so we checked out the expo down at the fairgrounds. I talked to the bilstein guys about some 7100's for my crawlin truck (I know kind of overkill) I asked em about shocks for my 06 dakota (more important![:@]) They said they're working on a complete set, it'll be out by the end of the year. I did say though I need something NOW & please hurry!!!![:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@] To get me by in the meantime my truck is down at the dealer right now, I'm having them check the shocks & I said they needed replaced(truck has a whole 8800 miles on it)

Old 04-12-2007, 08:44 PM
graythang
Record Breaker

The TRX4 does feelsstiff as it should to some degree. I attribute it to the Hydroform full boxed frame. This new frame is far stiffer and has far less flex than previous Gens. It’s a great frame system but it takes some getting use to from the pre Gens IIIs. The shock on the other hand are just to light duty for the weight of the front ends. Even the TRX4 with the 1" extra lift and the stiffer shocks still doesn’t cut it. The damping control is too dam light. I wonder ifthe Durango socks or some other cross may fit.

Old 04-13-2007, 02:20 PM
dakoduh
Rookie

The dealership couldn't find any leaky shocks or anything, but he said he could change 1 set , front or rear for me. I went ahead & had him get some front ones, they'll be here tuesday. I'm hoping that will get me by until bilstein comes out with theirs. Does someone already make decent shocks for the rear of these things?? I'm going to take a trip next month with motorcycle & other stuff in back, & I don't want the truck bouncing me & my stuff completely off the road[:'(]

Old 04-14-2007, 03:26 AM
CalTruck

Let us know if the new shocks make a difference. If they do, I may go down to my dealership and ask about getting replacements.

Old 04-14-2007, 03:57 PM
dakoduh
Rookie

Will do. I'm really hoping it will make a noticable difference. Maybe if all of us get our front shocks replaced under warranty dodge will figure out that maybe there's a problem???

Old 04-15-2007, 02:18 AM
SAVAGEINJIN

I have an 06 dak and 500 miles on it and i bounce like no other. I havent let it bother me till just nowbecause i was replacing the front shocks with trx4 shocks. My question now is are they just as crappy? Cause then im going to be pist. What were they thinking with this crap. Also someone just needs to release a 4 inch lift kit and our problems are fixed. How did they get the 05 Dodge Dakota Warrior lifted like that, all custom made in shop i just wish i knew. But yeah are the TRX4 shocks just as ****ty?

Old 04-15-2007, 10:19 PM
ThunderStick
Rookie

In another thread, I discussed shocks being worn out on my '05 Dakota. They are really mushy and this truck just topped 20,000 miles last night. I will not replace them with OEM's of any persuasion. I will have to wait for Bilstein, Monroe, Rancho or somebody.

Are you aftermarket manufacturers out there reading this stuff?????

WE NEED YOUR HELP HERE!

[sm=feedback.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=vader1.gif][sm=vader1.gif]

Old 04-15-2007, 10:21 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well Bilstein and Monroe are already developing shocks for our truck, they can only do it so fast though. I've spoken with Bilstein on the phone and they assured me that shocks for our Dakotas are in development now and should be out Q3-Q4.

Quick Reply: Front end bounce