3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

2" Leveling Kit ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 01:30 AM
Night_Runner
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2" Leveling Kit ?'s

is a leveling kit not really recommended if u go offroading? i dont go hardcore, but a little, i mean i drive offroad all the time, but i dont really go "off roading"....if thats the case, then a regular lift would be appropiate. but then im sure that gets real expensive....can u buy a lift kit for the front only for 2 inches...

Old 04-11-2007, 01:35 AM
LB
Veteran

Nightrunner,
I did a lot of research and even called tech support at Truxx and Trailmaster, I truly believe the NEWTM kit is the way to go. The kit is cheap, (as above) consists of 2 aluminum spacers, and about 1 hour per side to install at a COMPETENT suspension shop. If you are really handy and rent a spring compressor you could do it yourself (with a buddy on a Saturday/ 12pack of beer/pizza.) I even spoke with my local dealer (who install lifts and leveling kits on new Ram's quite often, and they would have installed it for me, (I wish I would have).

Download the install instructions from the Trailmaster website to see what you are getting into.

The ride is actually a bit firmer and nice.

You may need to get your steering wheel centered

You may want to change shocks when Monroe comes out whth the sensitracks in July, or wait and put the TM kit on at the same time as it is the same amount of work.

Then get the 20" NightRunner wheels and decent tires and your ridewill look smokin HOT!!!

There was a set on ebay (Annarborwheels I think) you may want to contact them and see if they sold them, (they did not sell on ebay.

LB

Old 04-11-2007, 01:51 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

lol its just something im looking into for now. as for new wheels, ya that would be nice, but im in ABSOLUTELY no rush. my plans are as follows

this summer:

mod 1
HID for high/lows
HID for fogs

mod 2
sounddeaden the cab
at same time, replace stock speakers

mods waiting for anytime
find a nice billet 3rd brake like and paint it to match truck
waitin on 5W reverse LED lights from JIMBO
sometime this summer, i want to get those 5 arm LED spider brake lights
POSSIBLY get a leveling kit

also, i have a rockchip in my front bumper and it has peeled a little bit, im not clear coating it, im waiting for it to peel worse, then with my bumper to bumper warrenty, ill take it in and get a new paint job on the bumper under warrenty which will be nice because when they respray the bumper, it will fix my little rash i have on the bottom of my bumper (someone must have scuffed me in the parking lot)...and i said little rash, but honestly, its probally 6-8 inches long and 5-7 inches wide....it didnt bend the bumper, and its on the curved part so u cant see it unless u bend down to look at it....but the rock chip is on the drivers side about 3/4 the way up on the bumper

Old 04-11-2007, 02:21 AM
rookie
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just ordered the tm kit.there are only two kits out there(my freind tells mehe saw a 4" lift kit, but I havent seen it. It would be$1k or so anyway.) Truxx and TM. Go w/ the tm. Both of the kits will stress your front cvs a bit more. worst case scenario: take off the kit befor making a warranty claim. I'm going to attempt to install it myself, but I'm an idiot. Have someone else do it, so you have a scapegoat.

Old 04-11-2007, 02:22 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

ORIGINAL: ericemery

My dealer wouldnt cover rock chips or the nice rust that developes in thewhite paint... Good luck finding one that will... I have tried 3 dealers for this rust in the paint...
do u have not only the extended warrenty, but the bumper to bumper warrenty as well?

Old 04-11-2007, 02:27 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

and quite honestly, i didnt notice it till i was at the car wash washin my truck, i was using the sprayer and saw it peel back a little when i used the sprayer. the paint is soooo damn thin....there is no small dent in my bumper, i can just make a claim that the paint is so thin and cracked and peeled while at the car wash...it was a poor paint job, maybe it is an isolated error, maybe not...

Old 04-11-2007, 02:29 AM
MonkeyWrench4000
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the 2" trailmaster leveling kit. Its $89.95. Its a spacer kit for the front, works great. Ride is slightly stiffer, no alignment was needed in my case. Safe for off roading and trailing. The truxxx kit however is much more expensive, and I hear is not good for offroading, due to the added angle the axle can drop to on full flex or somthing? People on this site know the details. I've had the leveing kit i think for over a month or more and its been great. no squeeks, stock shocks working fine. Definately the way to go.

Old 04-16-2007, 02:52 AM
JAB02LHS
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: MonkeyWrench4000

I have the 2" trailmaster leveling kit. Its $89.95. Its a spacer kit for the front, works great. Ride is slightly stiffer, no alignment was needed in my case. Safe for off roading and trailing. The truxxx kit however is much more expensive, and I hear is not good for offroading, due to the added angle the axle can drop to on full flex or somthing? People on this site know the details. I've had the leveing kit i think for over a month or more and its been great. no squeeks, stock shocks working fine. Definately the way to go.
Originally Posted by [URL=http://performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/cart/index.html
http://performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/cart/index.html[/URL]]

Dodge 2005+ Midsize Lifts : Trailmaster 2005-2006 Dakota 2" Leveling Kit
This Trailmaster Suspension part number DL223 2" leveling kit is designed for use on all 2wd and 4wd Dakota and Durango vehicles sold as 2005 or 2006 model years. This item will not fit the older body style Dakota or Durango. By lifting the front of your Dakota or Durango two inches you can level the vehicle front to rear. This mild suspension lift provides a slight increase in front crossmember clearance and will allow the use of factory wheel and tire sizes.
This item consists of a set of coil spring spacers. These spacers are installed onto the factory front strut assembly. Please note, a slight reduction in ride quality may be experienced as there is a reduction in rebound suspension travel at normal ride height. Also, customers have reported that this item MAY CAUSE DAMAGE to the factory strut. When you purchase this item you are doing so against our recommendation. This item can be combined with a Performance Accessories 3" body lift kit to achieve a 5" combined kit height.

Quick Reply: 2" Leveling Kit ?'s