3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

2" Leveling Kit ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 03:08 AM
Night_Runner
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2" Leveling Kit ?'s

i like how they sell a product they dont recommend...i would find it hard to be selling an item you dont back up...

Old 04-16-2007, 03:42 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Considering the factory struts are crap anyways I'll go ahead and risk it, just a matter of time before we have decent shock options available.

Old 04-16-2007, 01:12 PM
LB
Veteran

That was on the performancelifts website description for the old DISCONTINUED version of the DL223 levelkit that mounted above the strutmount, they may not have changed it or feel that way about the new design as well.. If you are concerned about the kit your best bet is to call TrailMaster direct and speak with support.

If you are handy you can do it yourself, I would next time. Just be sure to set aside enough time for Murphy's law, as someone here did it themselves and found the strut shaft nut crossthreaded from the factort and the shaft was stripped, so he had to order a new shock.

LB

LB

Old 05-24-2007, 06:09 PM
harryarnold

Hi Guys,

Just FYI, if you need answers to questions regarding your Dodge warranties please feel free to visit www.autowarrantyshopper.com.

Thanks!

Old 05-25-2007, 01:03 AM
rookie
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

do the leveling kit and assume thate if anything goes out on the front end, that it will not be covered (if you were dodge would you cover a lift kit?) but do it anyway. Do not do it if your not going to put bigger tires on it. I lifted mine, and i can't afford tires. it looks better, but itthe tires are way too small. Also i think they look better with a slight lift in the back too. If not it will look goofy w/ any weight in the bed. my two pennies

Old 05-25-2007, 01:16 AM
02wrangler
Professional

I just put in my TM leveing kit and I also added 2" blocks to the rear. I like it and so far no problems. I need to get bigger tires, but I first want to see what size I can go up to. I know that 265/75R/16 would fit, but what about 285/75R/16??? I will have to bring my truck to the local 4x4 shop to have my wheel space measured. All in all I would say I spent a total of $150 for both the front leveling kit and the rear blocks.

Old 05-25-2007, 01:40 AM
rookie
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am dying to know if 285s willfit. There's minor rubbing and then there's major rubbing, know what i mean? The have to look decent too.

Old 05-25-2007, 02:44 AM
LB
Veteran

285/50/20's fit with very minor rubbing, search for my post with pics.

LB

Old 06-25-2007, 04:49 PM
fbnzippy
Rookie

Performamce lifts warning was fro the OLD TM leveling kit. The NEW kit goes INSIDE the strut, therefore NOT increasing suspension dropout, which was acctually stated in Performanceifts writup. If your suspension can not drop out any lower than what was from factory, NO damage can occur, because the wheel/suspesion is still opperating within factory specs. All's the TM kit does is create a stifer spring, which in turn resists the weigth of the front better, and causing it to sit higher.

Old 06-27-2007, 08:44 PM
AdidasCJ
Veteran

I put my Body lift and 2in TM kit on back in september of 06. and have had ZERO problems with it. the TM kit is a disk that goes inside the strut mount. And i will agree, it does look a little funny with the stick tire... Espically because i have the added body lift. But, i will soon have tires.

Quick Reply: 2" Leveling Kit ?'s