3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 03:26 PM
viper359
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diesel

Hi Guys;

I have read several posts about our trucks sounding like a damn diesel or aeroplane on take off. I am getting this sound. At first, I did not know what it was, and since I was in my work garage, I stopped on the 04th level, shut the truck off, and took a look under the hood, then when I restarted, it had disappeared. I heard this damn noise again last night.

I am starting this threat, because the other big one I was reading seemed to get off topic a little and actually confused me. So my question is, did Chrysler put out a TSB for this, or is this considered normal? Should I report this issue anyways, so that if something should happen after my 100 000 kms powertrain warrenty is done, I have something to point back too?

Old 04-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Night_Runner
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Diesel

hmm, i dont think they sound like diesels...when the engine is cold, it is loud and i hear a lot of air manuvering inside the engine, that must be what your refering to....after the engine is warm, it sounds normal....thats all i can think of that you could possibly be talkin about

Old 04-11-2007, 07:52 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

the clutch fans make a h ell of a lot of noise in thhe gen 2s. and i know the 4.7 does it as my mom drives a d w/ the 4/7, i agree it sounds much like a diesel, and yea this i normal, all 3 of our trucks do it in the cold weather and it goes away after they warm up, i wouldnt worry about it

Old 04-12-2007, 02:48 AM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mine 99 sounds like a diesel too. only cause its about to spit a rod bearing out[:@]

Quick Reply: Diesel