3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

calendar + show news

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 07:29 AM
jimboscomp
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: calendar + show news

where are these car shows??? is there a web site that talks about car shows in different cities in the US?

Old 04-15-2007, 06:02 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

haha, actually, before m grandfather died, he sold the real testarossa and his diablo![:@] that one in the garage is just a kit...when they were unloading it from the set of The Stepford Wives, they cliped the front end on the truck, so it needs some work...yes it was in the movie....i havent seen it but apparently it was just in some driveway parked and can be seen in a few shots...since, its just collected dust, but now it does need some body work in a few areas, we plan (when we get time) to have the interior redone all in black and drop a turbo 350 in it. too busy to touch it at all as of right now....

jimbo, as for the car shows...the first forum i ever started talking on was a forum for the tulsa firebird camaro club....im not a part of the club because i dont feel like drivig it to the meetings ect, but i still am pretty involved with club activities of all sorts....this is how i heard of my first shows, then i started seeing advertisements and drug the club to other shows as well. the club in the past 3 years has really grown, mainly because ppl see us at shows and want to get involved. the show i went to this weekend was hosted by a senior here at osu who is part of tfcc....this summer i plan to attend pontiac nationals with the hawk.

im sorry, i forgot to take my camera to the car show, some pics should be hosted on the osu student union activity boards web page, when they are up, ill post them...i did however take some pics of my truck about 2 hours after the show right before i left to go to tulsa, here are those pics

edit
man i need a better camera

Old 04-15-2007, 06:35 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

whats the difference between the fire chicken and the firebird.? are they just different years? and the ws6 motor whats that? pontiac is a pontiac

Old 04-15-2007, 06:48 PM
trucky
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

night runner you punk do you live in ohio? did you go to the ohio mopar show last summer? and why didnt we ever race. now you havta come to monterey california to race me.

Old 04-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

ORIGINAL: superdak05

whats the difference between the fire chicken and the firebird.? are they just different years? and the ws6 motor whats that? pontiac is a pontiac
for the most part only dif between a formula and t/a is the appearance package (spoiler, ect)...dif between a ws6 and regular t/a (hood, suspension, ram air, wheels)...dif between ws6 and firehawk (better suspension (blisten or 1LE suspension, other sus upgrades including thicker front sway bar and bushings,[ul][*]panhard rod (track bar), jounce bumper spacers (for larger tires), rear lower control arms.....composite hood (aka fiberglass + other materials = lighter), spoiler can be formula spoiler, t/a spoiler, in later years IROC spiloiler and "Old Lumpy" spoiler, bigger air lid, wheels, firestone firehawk tires, decals, numbered plate on dash, all mobile 1 lubricants, performance exhaust, hurst shifter (after 93 i believe) 93's and 91-92's had borg warner, firehawk floor mats and deck lid....ect[*]when it comes to 4th gens, it can be argued that firehawks are more desireable that camaro ss's....with the exception of gmmg camaros
[/ul]firehawks were modified by SLP then sent to the dealers

here is one of 24 or 26 (i forgot) firehawks produced between 91-92...the 91-92 hawks with the competition package were around $50k....this is the only green one built, and yes, it has the competition package. this could easily be said to be the most famous and most desirable firehawk of all existance

the newer 4th gen hawk

Old 04-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

ORIGINAL: trucky

night runner you punk do you live in ohio? did you go to the ohio mopar show last summer? and why didnt we ever race. now you havta come to monterey california to race me.
lol osu as in oklahoma state university...i live about 20 miles NE of tulsa....used to live in cali though...all my relitives are there

Old 04-15-2007, 07:04 PM
superdak05
Champion

does your car have the ws6 motor or just a 350? i think the 4 gen is the better looking out of them all

Old 04-15-2007, 07:10 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

there is no "ws6 motor)...they are all 350s...either an LT1 or LS1....93-96 were LT1's...97 there were only 28 (i think) hawks built and they had LT4's....98+ had LS1's ...lt1's are more torquey while LS1's seem to have more power at high speeds....firehawk is above ws6 in performance, its the top

Old 04-15-2007, 07:15 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

and mine is still a 4th gen, they just changed the front clip/hood after 97.....which i believe is what your refering to as nicer....there were also A LOT more produced after 98....making more of a demand for mine which increases how much mine is worth, u can probally get a firehawk on ebay or forsale relative cheap but its gunna have high miles or warn ect...ive had offers above 40k for mine. its not going anywhere, theres a lot of sentimental value in mine, plan on having it my whole life

Old 04-15-2007, 07:15 PM
superdak05
Champion

thats cool. so the car you have has a build sht and a number of how many were built?

Quick Reply: calendar + show news