3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Needs to be addressed...

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 10:44 AM
Dusty
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Needs to be addressed...

ORIGINAL: nowick

They sure do! I am a teacher and this crap freaks me out.
Ditto. Guess who had a nightmare last night...

Old 04-17-2007, 11:10 AM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

It is such a Tragedy...why someone would do something like this is beyond me...Everyone involved in this has my prayers especially those who lost loved ones or has injured loved ones.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:49 PM
mb18
Record Breaker

This is such a horrible tragedy and my prayers, too, go out to those involved.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:17 PM
Casper50
Veteran

My prayers go out to everyone involved in this as well. I lived 2 miles from Columbine when that went down and I had many friends who went there. I know the devastation that this can cause first hand and it's not something that I ever want to be repeated. It's a shame that innocent people have to go through thispain and it's horrible that people in this world can cause this type of tragedy.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:36 PM
mb18
Record Breaker

Yeah. That English prof was on the Today show or something this morning and she said that she tried to help him...get him into therapy or something. She called him the most disturbed student she'd ever worked with (at least by his writings). But, because he hadn't done any illegal or harmful acts yet, she couldn't force him into therapy, only suggest it, because, legally, she couldn't force him into it until he did something to himself or others. It's unfortunate for her, because I'm sure she's going to feel guilt for not doing more to prevent this, when, in reality, she did all she could, within the law, to help him.

My parents live a few miles from the Amish school shootings a few months ago...between this incident and that one, I really struggle to understand what causes people to do these massacres.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:02 PM
mb18
Record Breaker

Actually, seriously, it might be, to some degree, video games. Think about it...when you and I were kids, we'd get together with our friends and play games--outside, inside, whatever--remember tag?--that just doesn't happen as much any more. People relate more to machines--computers, TVs, video games--than they do with other people. That can't be good.

I also strongly agree about your statements on church/religion. Not going to say much more beyond that so as not to offend, except to say that church is one way to get kids out with other kids...youth activities and the such...and keep them involved in positive activities with others, not just sitting at home by themselves. It also gives them a really good support system they can fall back on when problems hit, rather than just turning to depression and/or violence.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:44 PM
Casper50
Veteran

It's hard to say what it is because it's been such a range of people that have just suddenly snapped. That guy who shot up the Amish school was in his 30's and had a family of his own. His wife said there was no sign that this was coming at all. I'm not a very religious person at all but I do believe in god. I think the people who do these thingshave neverbelieved, or don't believeanymore of a higher-up.

Old 04-18-2007, 03:30 PM
mb18
Record Breaker

A lot of times, too, there's abuse involved. Angst from that can cause the person to snap, too. I believe that was part of the problem with the Amish schoolhouse shooter.