3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Needs to be addressed...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 03:44 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Needs to be addressed...

I don't believe it has anything to do with church... I also don't believe it has to do with Violent video games. I do feel kids spend too much time in front of TV though... I think there needs to be less of that and more interaction between kids atleast at a young age. Kids age 14-18 I feel get enough social interaction...The other main cause I think IS social interaction its self... if you go to highschool today there is so much more tension between people... Personally I think that we are getting so politically correct that kids today don't know how to act so most over project their tension by being extremely discriminatory at school, while others hold it in until they pop. I also believe that its like the drinking problem in the U.S... I mean if you look at the rest of the world no other country puts as much as a stress on being politically correct and they don't have as big as problems as we do... same goes for drinking... no other country has such a high drinking age...look at europe they can drink practically from birth and you don't see so many people getting drunk off there @$$ because well frankly its not as tabou so there isn't as much desire...but of course I don't want to offend anyone else as well this is all IMO.

Old 04-18-2007, 05:54 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Curtiplas I definitely agree with you about this country putting too much stress on political correctness, it does make it hard sometimes. I personally think that religion may have something to do with it but that's my own beliefs.

I really honestly can't see blaming video games at all though. Even saying that they take away from social interaction. A lot of people I know, myself included play video games with friends, it's just not as fun playing by yourself. I'm not a believer in the theory that playing lots of violent games will make you violent or want to kill people, I think the people that are that way would be whether or not video games existed. If a parent feels that way they should limit their child's playing time. Honestly I think the most important thing is that parents make sure they're spending time with their children and raising them how they should.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:02 AM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Altair

I really honestly can't see blaming video games at all though. Even saying that they take away from social interaction. A lot of people I know, myself included play video games with friends, it's just not as fun playing by yourself. I'm not a believer in the theory that playing lots of violent games will make you violent or want to kill people, I think the people that are that way would be whether or not video games existed. If a parent feels that way they should limit their child's playing time. Honestly I think the most important thing is that parents make sure they're spending time with their children and raising them how they should.
Well said!

Old 04-19-2007, 02:50 PM
jimboscomp
All Star

oh comon, Gears of War is a perfect game for your 4-year-old to start playing :P :P :P JK

Old 04-19-2007, 03:23 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

LOL I agree that violent games shouldn't necesarily be played by young kids, but kid age10-13 and up personally it could start anywhere in that age range in my opinion should be able to play whatever they want.

Old 04-19-2007, 04:22 PM
jimboscomp
All Star

I dunno, they're still learning that that age, teen years are pretty critical as to what they end up doing. I'm in favor of the ESRB 18+ age limit for R/M rated games. I personally didn't go out and start stealing cars and shooting police because I played Grand Theft Auto 2, but it also depends on the environment they are raised up in.

Old 04-19-2007, 04:26 PM
Frenchy
Banned

ORIGINAL: jimboscomp

I dunno, they're still learning that that age, teen years are pretty critical as to what they end up doing. I'm in favor of the ESRB 18+ age limit for R/M rated games. I personally didn't go out and start stealing cars and shooting police because I played Grand Theft Auto 2, but it also depends on the environment they are raised up in.
Wait, Jimbo, you mean you didn't?

Oh crap, maybe I'm alone on this one, I'm just glad they haven't caught me yet...

Old 04-19-2007, 04:34 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

LMAO...

Old 04-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

LOL Frenchy.

Eric, ok I have to step back a little and agree with you kids that young probably shouldn't be playing UT and call of duty and such. But it would actually be incredibly hard for the ESRB to limit what games kids get their hands on. Many game stores actually don't sell the mature rated games to anyone under 17, however some parents are oblivious or just don't care and buy them for the kids. I've seen a guy in Gamestop buying his 6 or 7 year old kid GTA: Vice City. If the parents don't pay attention to what the kids are getting or just let them have whatever they want the ESRB can't do a thing about that. Sadly not all people are as good about it as you are with your child.