3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

2005 dakota r/t clone

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 03:29 PM
Casper50
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2005 dakota r/t clone

Give him a little while longer and he will really start amazing you!!

I have my second one due in 2 months!!

Old 05-02-2007, 03:54 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, congrats!! You must be looking forward to it. My wife informed me when I was in school that she wants to have another one next year. I'm looking forward to doing that. The practice part is fun already, but the actual thing is even better.

Old 05-02-2007, 04:03 PM
Frenchy
Banned

Curtiplas, nto be rude or anything, but if you put the SRT6 badge on the side of ur truck, something tells me ur gonna catch a lotta grief due to it.

I honestly wouldn't do that if I were you. :-\

Old 05-02-2007, 04:09 PM
Casper50
Veteran

Yes, the key to it is practice makes perfect!! Well, I'm at the point where I am looking forward to it but I'm not. I know that I am going to love it but having to start over on a new one just doesn't sound very fun right now because I know everything that it entails. I'm hoping this one is as good as my first because he was sleeping through the night within 2 months! We are done after this one though. We decided that if we want a girl we are going to adopt one later on.

Old 05-02-2007, 05:30 PM
DakotaStone
Champion

ORIGINAL: Frenchy

Curtiplas, nto be rude or anything, but if you put the SRT6 badge on the side of ur truck, something tells me ur gonna catch a lotta grief due to it.

I honestly wouldn't do that if I were you. :-\
There was a guy on another website that I used to belong to who was putting in a 6.1L Hemi in his truck. They showed the pictures without the 4.7L and with the HEMI already in it, and he had the SRT8 badge on his truck. That was last year and I don't know what the outcome was in the end.

Curt, I wouldn't worry about it so much, but what I would do is make your truck an SRT6 before you post it as an SRT6. Once you get the performance parts that you want, then you have what it takes to back it up. At the same time, it's your truck.

Old 05-02-2007, 07:10 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

Yeah I can't afford much more perfomance wise, I have the CAI, and the catback exhaust... I have a 180 tstat ready to be installed but hasn't yet... I'd get headers but they don't make them for the 3.7...that I know of... and I don't really want to get the Jet chip... so yeah... but I really love the SRTs and I'm gonna put the SRT-6 badge on my truck...but if anyone asks I'm not gonna lie... I'll admit its not an SRT -6...when I can afford the Turbo...or prolly Supercharger thenI'll install it but that won't be for a LONG time.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:29 AM
scottscan
Professional

guys i know what you're saying, but basically the 3rd gen dakota r/t has a bolt on hood scoop (which doesn't function), r/t rear stripe, r/t on the speed o,and r/t on the seats head rest . outside of this i have the same truck except mine is a laramie loaded out. as for performance it's got a 4.7 high output which is not exclusive to the r/t. so basically dodge put badges on it and called it a r/t.when i bought my truck in 2005 they didn't have the r/t out yet, and i just don't know if i like the hood scoop or the rear r/t stripe. i think if i have the same performance as the 3rd gen r/t then i can do badges like dodge did. if i had a V6 i wouldn't even think about it. i am hoping to lowering it and do sport suspension (maybe wheels) and performance tires. hope i haven't offended anyone. just pleading my case.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:45 AM
nowick
Professional

i got on it with a new rt and killed him but the funny part is that a stock 4runner with a 4.0 smoked us both! lets face it our trucks are slugs i got the h.o too.

Old 05-03-2007, 02:04 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

in my opinion (this is with all vehicles), if it doesnt have the rpo, its not a ______. sure, it may be a partial replica. but it isnt an ____ if it doesnt have the rpo. for instance, if you were selling this vehicle in a high profile auction (such as BJ) it would be considered a modified, possibly a replica.

ex:
a 1988 fiero chassis with a testarossa kit may look exactly like the real deal if the job was good enough, but it would be a replica...this would be disclosed to people, and the true identity would not be hidden

im not trying to speak badly of what you are doing and dont want it to appear that way...for all i care, you can pull the seats, gauges, badges ect off an r/t and put them on your truck....now, you might have all these on your truck, but without the rpo, it is still a replica...get what im saying? once again, not bashing, just sayin how it really is...but in my personal opinion, i do not think any vehicle should recieve badges to which it does not contain the rpo code, unless the intent is to make it a replica...now with this, the part that pisses me off is when these replica owners try to pass the vehicles off as a ____ production vehicle and deny it being a replica

does my argument this make sense?

Old 05-03-2007, 02:16 AM
nowick
Professional

100% right . factory fives are a nice replica though thisdude i work with has one and its soooo nice

Quick Reply: 2005 dakota r/t clone