3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Tranny problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Casper50
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tranny problems

You know, the more I look at the picture the more I think it looks like Ben Stiller! lol!! Thanks for adding that extra gayness touch to it for me!!

Now, lets talk about you being glad that you thought about this picture!! lol!!

Old 05-02-2007, 02:51 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

well, when i saw the pt cruiser, and then you discribed yourself...the 1st thing i thought of was........

GAY BIKER

Old 05-02-2007, 03:27 PM
Casper50
Veteran

lol!! I think the people at work think I'm crazy because of how much that made me laugh!! It's funny because I just can't help but think that people are looking at me in thiscar thinking the same thing. Look at that gay biker. Mytatoos really set the whole thing off because when I'm driving you can see the one on my left arm!

I should just start doing the gay wave to people who are looking at me!!

Old 05-02-2007, 03:31 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

lol i posted that 40 minutes ago and ive been waitin and waitin and waitin to get a response on that...i still crack up whenever i scroll by it

Old 05-02-2007, 03:40 PM
Casper50
Veteran

Well, and what makes it worse is that it's the same color as the one in that picture. I don't know what the color is called but it's a light blue which, on this car, is definitely a woman's color. I really like the color itself but something about it on that car makes it scream

GAY!!!!!!

Old 05-02-2007, 06:26 PM
Casper50
Veteran

Well, I just got an update. I guess there was some reflash that they did to my truck and it hasn't acted up yet. That means I can go pick it up and get rid of the gay mobile!!

Anyway, does anyone want to put money on how long it will take for it to mess up again? My guess is that it will mess up before the weekend and I'll have to take it back in. If it goes in 3 times for the same problem then I can lemon law it. I'd hate to do it because I love the truck but I reallydon't want a problem child!

Old 05-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Krsdj1

ORIGINAL: Casper50

Ok, so I wasn't going to post this up but last Friday my tranny started acting up on me.(you'll see why I posted this up as you read on) I was just cruising down the road at 45 or 50 (in a 45 zone) and all of the sudden my truck makes a really sharp jerk and downshifts into 3rd gear. The MIL went on and I could only shift between 2nd and 3rd gear manually because it threw the truck into limp mode. I got to where I was going, just a few more miles down the road, and I turn the truck off and go in to do my thing. I come back out and the truck acts like normal but the MIL is still on. After about 4 normal ignition cycles the MIL goes off.

The next day I was driving on the highway and it did the same thing again and then it was fine. Its been through that whole process about 5 or 6 times now and I made an appointment for the dealership to look at it yesterday. I was waiting for about 2 hours and they come back to me and say they have a 15 page trouble tree to work through for the code that they pulled and said they needed more time. The code was something about the overdrive valve not opening when it should, I don't remember exactly. They asked me if I needed the truck or if I could bring it back. I told them that I don't need the truck but I do need some wheels. So, they got me a rental and this is what I am driving today....................

Of all cars they stick me in a PT Cruiser! Now, I am straight but for some reason driving this car really makes me feel not so straight. It's pretty bad when a car can make you question your own masculinity!! lol!! I just thought I would post this to give everyone a laugh because it sure has worked for everyone I know. Now, to really finish this story off I'll describe to you what I look like. I'm have blonde hair shaved down to about 1/8" with a red goatee. I'm 5'10" and weigh 245lbs with about 18% body fat. So, I'm not fat I just have a very muscular build and I'm very stocky. Now, imagine a guy like me crawling into one of these things, they just don't go together!! lol!! Well hopfully I get my truck back today!!

Once I hear what the problem is I'll let you guys and gals know. I think it might be awhile though because Mitsu has limited knowledge of this truck since it is fairly new, very few sold, and it's a dodge product. Dodge is being stingy about sharing any info so we'll see what happens.
I was just wondering the year of the Dakota with how many miles on it and do you have the v8 with the ho motor and I sure hope my tranny does not have these problems. Now that I think about it I was driving around forty when I felt the tranny downshift I thought it was because I was driving to slow

Old 05-02-2007, 07:15 PM
Casper50
Veteran

Actually I havea 2006 Mitsubishi Raider. It's the same thing as a Dakota though. I have the 4.7 with the 5 speed auto tranny. Not the HO motor but the same auto that they use on them. I have 8,000 miles on it.

Well, if you just felt the tranny downshift you are probably ok. If you felt a clunk and a jerk like the rear wheels momentarily locked up then you have a problem. After that happened and it threw the MIL on I only had 3rd and 2nd gear if I shifted manually. The gear swap between the 2 was almost enough to give you whiplash as well. I had no symptoms leading up to this either. I was just going down the road and wham!!

Old 05-02-2007, 07:18 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

He doesn't have a Dakota he has a mitsubishi Raider and I believe he has a V6.

Oh Casper if you Lemon Law it then you can get a Real Dakota lol and get rid of that Jap Crap Dak...lol J/k

Old 05-02-2007, 07:25 PM
Casper50
Veteran

Curt, come on man, give me some credit here. It does have the V8 in it!! lol!!

Oh Krsdj1, if you do have a problem with your tranny you might get a chance to cruise in a cruiser!! I know that it's something everyone dreams of!!

Quick Reply: Tranny problems