3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Tranny problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 02:02 PM
Casper50
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny problems

Ok, so I wasn't going to post this upbut last Friday my tranny started acting up on me.(you'll see why I posted this up as you read on)I was just cruising down the road at 45 or 50 (in a 45 zone) and all of the sudden my truck makes a really sharp jerk and downshifts into 3rd gear. The MIL went on and I could only shift between 2nd and 3rd gear manuallybecause it threw the truck into limp mode. I got to where I was going, just a few more miles down the road, and I turn the truck off and go in to do my thing. I come back out and the truck acts like normal but the MIL is still on. After about 4 normal ignition cycles the MIL goes off.

The next day I was driving on the highway and it did the same thing again and then it was fine. Its been through that whole process about 5 or 6 times now and I made an appointment for the dealership to look at it yesterday. I was waiting for about 2 hours and they come back to me and say they have a 15 page trouble tree to work through for the code that they pulled and said they needed more time. The code was something about the overdrive valve not opening when it should, I don't remember exactly. They asked me if I needed the truck or if I could bring it back. I told them that I don't need the truck but I do need some wheels. So, they got me a rental and this is what I am driving today....................

Of all cars they stick me in a PT Cruiser! Now, I am straight but for some reasondriving this car really makes me feel not so straight. It's pretty bad whenacar can make you question your own masculinity!! lol!! I just thought I would post this to give everyone a laugh because it sure has worked for everyone I know. Now, to really finish this story off I'll describe to you what I look like. I'm have blonde hair shaved down to about 1/8" with a red goatee. I'm 5'10" and weigh 245lbs with about 18% body fat. So, I'm not fat I just have avery muscularbuild and I'm very stocky. Now, imagine a guy likeme crawling into one of these things, they just don't go together!! lol!! Well hopfully I get my truck back today!!

Once Ihear what the problem is I'll let you guys and gals know. I think it might be awhile though because Mitsu has limited knowledge of this truck since it is fairly new, very few sold, and it's a dodge product. Dodge is being stingy about sharing any info so we'll see what happens.

Old 05-02-2007, 02:07 PM
Billiam
Champion
Default RE: Tranny problems

GO PT LOSERS!!! WOO!!!

Well the tranny problems suck.....I hope you dont have to spend too much money.

Old 05-02-2007, 02:13 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

Ur truck is still under warrenty correct?... if so I wouldn't worry about it...just enjoy the view from down there in ur gay machine lol...j/k aside from the puniness of the car it is okay.... I mean its a rental right and I hope ur not payin for it...

Old 05-02-2007, 02:21 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

haha, i opened up the thread, and saw the very tip top of a pic, but for some reason decided to read before i scrolled down...totally caught me off gaurd...it could be worse....naaa...ok ok im done...that is kinda funny and i wasnt expecting it, but you know what, u gotta do what u gotta do...

jokes aside, i hope they get this straightened out with your truck bc thats definately not cool

Old 05-02-2007, 02:22 PM
Casper50
Veteran

Yeah, I'm not spending any money! I still have 92,000 miles left on my bumper to bumper so I'm not worried about it, I just don't want to drive this thing for much longer. They could have at least given me a turbo cruiser! [&:]Actually, I'm saving money because this little hot rod is way better on gas!! lol!! That and I can beat the hell out of it and not worry about it!!

Oh, and thanks for those ego boosting comments guys, I appreciate it! lol!!

Old 05-02-2007, 02:31 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

No problem any time Casper... yeah I was behind a turbo cruiser today and I was like...you know they make alot of stuff atleast mopar does for those little things...I betcha it wouldn't be that bad to OWN one...of course it looks horrible...then I thought...Naaa that car is too gay for me...my female cousin drives one and she hates the way it looks...she only bought it because she was on her way to pick up a used car and decided to stop at a chrysler dealership and she told them she was goin to pick up a car...they gave her a great steal on the car and they put flame decals on it for free lol...

Old 05-02-2007, 02:37 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

dude, if i were u, id tint the windows FAST...u never know who is going to be riddin next to u

[IMG]local://upfiles/46457/C67EB9E5080D48EF94D78118EFD45BA6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-02-2007, 02:37 PM
Casper50
Veteran

Flamer decals!! That's what this one needs! I think I might put a rainbow sticker in the back window as well! lol!!

I could never own one of these, even my wife doesn't like it! Yeah, they do make a lot of stuff for them and they can be decently fast but there's nothing that will fix the ugly!! I went to the gas station last night and the guy asks me, "so, do you like your truck or the cruiser better?" I told him that it's just a rental can I can stand it!

Old 05-02-2007, 02:39 PM
Casper50
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Night_Runner

dude, if i were u, id tint the windows FAST...u never know who is going to be riddin next to u

[IMG]local://upfiles/46457/C67EB9E5080D48EF94D78118EFD45BA6.jpg[/IMG]
If he has a gag ball I'm in!! [sm=escape.gif]

Old 05-02-2007, 02:40 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

ORIGINAL: Casper50

I think I might put a rainbow sticker in the back window as well! lol!!

im pretty sure u have enough problems now....cough, look 3 posts up

lol, im glad i was able to find somethin that gay...i changed the background from blue to purple first and added the hey casper before i posted it...im proud of myself for thinkin of that

Quick Reply: Tranny problems