3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Tranny problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 07:31 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tranny problems

I thought I remember you sayin somethin about they don't Offer a V8 in the Raider...or maybe you said next year they won't offer the V8 in it.

Old 05-02-2007, 08:32 PM
mb18
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: curtiplas

I thought I remember you sayin somethin about they don't Offer a V8 in the Raider...or maybe you said next year they won't offer the V8 in it.
I think it's 2007 that doesn't have the V8, but don't quote me. I'm too lazy right now to look it up.

About the Cruiser...when you add the turbo and the 5 speed manual, it isn't too bad. My dad has one...the way he drives, you're getting launched back against the seats...the turbo really moves.

Old 05-03-2007, 02:16 AM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

OH I'm not sayin its not fast... but I have to agree with Casper... they way it looks speed just can't make up for that...

Old 05-03-2007, 11:25 AM
Casper50
Veteran

Well, I guess they are actually offering the '07 with the V8 now. Earlier they only had the V6 for the truck. If they didn'thave the V8 when I bought mine I don't think Iwould have bought it. I wasreading up on it and there were a lot of people having problems with the V6 in the Raider.I think they are pretty much done with the truck though. You can still order them but the dealerships aren't really keeping any stock on them because they don't sell very well. I just don't think very many people know about them because they never really put the word out on them. Everyone I talk to always say that they didn't know Mitsubishi made a truck.

Anyway, I have the truck and it still has a slightly funny shift in it every once in awhile. It had that same shift before they did the reflash so I'll be surprised if it doesn't mess up again. It's ok though, maybe next time I can get a Geo Metro or, if I'm lucky, a Toyota Yaris! lol!!

Old 05-03-2007, 12:20 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

OH cuz those cars don't scream GAY lol..

Anyway yeah I don't think the truck will be any more sucesful in the future... IMO its really ugly... there are some nice lookin Import Trucks...but the Raider...the grille just killz it.

Old 05-03-2007, 12:59 PM
Casper50
Veteran

See, and I really like the way that it looks. I was also looking at the Tacoma when I bought this one but Toyota just couldn't give me what I wanted and I also really like the dealership that I go to with Mitsu. I've got more comments on this truck than any of my previous vehicles so I know I'm not the only one who thinks theylook good. I think if a lemon law comes in to play thoughI might have to buy a beaterto get me around untilthe '08 Dakota comes out with it's revised 4.7L or go with a Hemi Ram.

Old 05-03-2007, 02:39 PM
mb18
Record Breaker

What's happening in '08 to the Raider, with the redesigned Dakota coming out?

Old 05-03-2007, 05:04 PM
Casper50
Veteran

I think they are going to stop making them or just keep the same design since it's still the same truck. I don't think Dodge will give them the new motor though.

Ok, so I was driving back to work a little bit ago.......... Does anyone want to guess what happened? [&:]

Old 05-03-2007, 05:27 PM
trucky
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oooo me me...ur mitsu truck had tranny problems?

Old 05-03-2007, 05:36 PM
Casper50
Veteran

Ding, ding, ding, ding!!! You are the weiner..... I mean winner!!

I called the dealership and the service writer asked me how the truck was running. I told him that's why I was calling and he said he kind of figured that!! lol!! Anyway, I guess they are going to order in some solenoids that were the ones giving it problems. They were hoping that the reflash would cure the problem but my insticts were right again. I hate those damn insticts!! The truck will be going back in on Tuesday or Wednesday to get those installed. Maybe I will get a sweet little sports car again! lol!! One more time and it will be declared a lemon!!

Quick Reply: Tranny problems