3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

made a few runs tonite...

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 02:41 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: made a few runs tonite...

I believe that the Gross Weight is what it will haul, not how much it weighs. 4700lbs for the QC is the right weight.

Yesterday, my wife and I were going to a lake and we saw this red RAM2500 CTD and she made comment that she could see me driving that. I told her I could see me too. Might be heavier, but that CTD makes a huge difference for what it's worth. That'll probably be my next truck, that or a RAM 1500 with either the 4.7L or the Hemi. I'm just a little frustrated with Dodge for making the Daks so underpowered.

Old 06-04-2007, 03:33 PM
mb18
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: made a few runs tonite...

ORIGINAL: DakotaStone

I believe that the Gross Weight is what it will haul, not how much it weighs. 4700lbs for the QC is the right weight.

Yesterday, my wife and I were going to a lake and we saw this red RAM2500 CTD and she made comment that she could see me driving that. I told her I could see me too. Might be heavier, but that CTD makes a huge difference for what it's worth. That'll probably be my next truck, that or a RAM 1500 with either the 4.7L or the Hemi. I'm just a little frustrated with Dodge for making the Daks so underpowered.
Wait 'til the Ram 1500 gets a diesel, I believe in '09. Best of both worlds.

Quick Reply: made a few runs tonite...