3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

mudding with the dak

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 06:36 PM
keachers
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mudding with the dak

i was just curious as to if any of you guys actually go mudding in your trucks? ive had mine out a few times the and i was impressed it had more than enough power to climb up muddy hills and cross small creeks. Am i the only one that muds a new dak??

Old 06-02-2007, 10:30 PM
MonkeyWrench4000
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: mudding with the dak

I heard its alot better in a 2nd gen. Those can go near anywhere if equipped right. Not only do our sit way to low, but the gas tank hangs under the frame, and I have heard of a few guys puncturing/cracking the tank offroad.

No mudding for me lol.

Old 06-02-2007, 11:24 PM
keachers
Professional

well if you buy skid plates then it shouldnt be that big of a deal although you can still mess those up and end up causing some damage to your tank.

Old 06-03-2007, 12:10 AM
jimboscomp
All Star

yeah, but overall skid plates add protection JUST IN CASE. My friend's Ram1500 TRX4 has one and it did it's job protectin the front of his truck in the front axle.

Old 06-03-2007, 04:08 PM
graythang
Record Breaker

Camping a couple weeks ago, I was off road looking at some property and was going through some mud and sugar sand (a Florida thing). I hit a tree root that jumped up under the truck that made a load noise. The skid plates took the beating instead of the fuel tank or transfer case. The truck went well no problems in 4WD. The only problem is the entry & exit heights are way low. The 4X4 Tacoma & Frontier allow far better off road heights. BTW the GenIIs Daks also sat much higher as a 4X4. They should had kept the height specs as they where.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:59 PM
swampy

i know someone who goes muddin with a 05 club cab, its a 2wheel drive, but i believe he has a locker or something of the sort because for a 2 wheel drive it is a monster the mud, he has a 3 inch body lift with 4 TSL Thornbirds (i think super swamper makes them, but not sure) and as for as i know the rest is stock, how he pushes them i dont know because it is a v6, it blows my mind.............................................. ........Swampy

Quick Reply: mudding with the dak