3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

JL audio stealthbox..........

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 07:25 AM
graythang
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JL audio stealthbox..........

Sorry I forgot I posted to this. The whole thing is an Alpine. The amp is rated @ 300 watts. There is a single 10" in there. I can't find any more info on it anywhere. The factory service manual has very little on it and just reference it as a sub. I do know that the3re is a CAN setting for the head unit where it is a choice for sub/no sub. That may be the only crossover point setting available. Only the dealer has access to CAN settings witch is a crock. I would like to change the crossover points in the system.

Old 06-06-2007, 06:46 PM
graythang
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JL audio stealthbox..........

Well the Alpine Sound Box is a complete system not just the sub. It’s a total of nine speakers. There are two tweeters in the top section of the sub box. I believe the crossover is active but fixed as far as settings. It must be tuned for the four mid/high 6.5s and the two A pillar tweeters. The speakers are all Alpines. I don’t know who makes the head units for DCX. I really wish there was more user control as far as setup settings. For the money and the fact I didn’t have to install the system as an upgrade it isn’t too bad.

Quick Reply: JL audio stealthbox..........