3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

RAKED LOOK

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 06:41 AM
graythang
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RAKED LOOK

I’m not sure what they did different to add the 1” lift to the TRX4 but I am sure that it is basically simple since its factory. They won’t spend any more money that they have to hence the wire thin rear sway bar. I will PROB. look into a third party bar. There aren’t very many TRX4s out there so I may have a hard time finding aftermarket suspension goodies.

Old 06-06-2007, 08:19 AM
coder33404
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Beazer

coder, most people don't understand lowering a truck because it goes against the intended usefulness of the vehicle. Most trucks are bought to haul and tow, not take sweeping corners at high Gs. It's like kissing your sister, it's just.....unnatural. It doesn't bother me when someone lowers or lifts their truck but I think sometimes it goes beyond all common sense reasoning, especially lifting a 2WD a foot and half or lowering a 4WD all the way to the ground.
It's a Southern California thing and things are VERY different here. If you want to do regular truck stuff then you get one for that also but it's not much the priority.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:07 PM
06dak
Rookie

Anybody check their mileage before and after leveling?

Just curious, since I would have to guess the "raked look" is really for aero more than anything - most OEMs try to squeeze every free MPG that they can out of cars nowadays, hence the common use of the raked shape.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:45 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: coder33404

Nobody here ever seems to understand lowering a truck. It's always about raising the damned things! I'll take 1/2" over the tires and cornering like a slot car anyday.
I've been thinking about dropping mine about 2" in front and 4" in the back. And no, I've never kissed my sister before. I don't haul with my truck... yet. If I decide to do that, I might get airbags so I can raise it when needed.

Old 06-06-2007, 03:55 PM
trucky
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

THAT'S the ideal truck. airbags and shocks to take it from 4 inch lift to sittin on tires anytime you want and back to normal again. what a dream...

Old 06-06-2007, 05:47 PM
Beazer
Rookie

ORIGINAL: ericemery

oh for crying out loud... fine, here is a burn out pic.

Much better, my 3.7 hopes it can make that much smoke when it grows up

Old 06-06-2007, 05:53 PM
Beazer
Rookie

ORIGINAL: coder33404

coder, most people don't understand lowering a truck because it goes against the intended usefulness of the vehicle. Most trucks are bought to haul and tow, not take sweeping corners at high Gs. It's like kissing your sister, it's just.....unnatural. It doesn't bother me when someone lowers or lifts their truck but I think sometimes it goes beyond all common sense reasoning, especially lifting a 2WD a foot and half or lowering a 4WD all the way to the ground.
It's a Southern California thing and things are VERY different here. If you want to do regular truck stuff then you get one for that also but it's not much the priority.
I can understand that. Over here in the boondocks it's all about an obnoxious sounding Z-71, pronounced ZEEEE-Semty-One (you have to say if fast), with a dog box that Daddy, pronounced DE-deee, pays for.

Old 06-06-2007, 06:10 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Over here in the boondocks it's all about an obnoxious sounding Z-71 ...
I used to have one of those!

Old 06-06-2007, 06:32 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

Hey I understand lowering the truck...but aside from the happy... I'm very pleased with how it looks... I like some lowered trucks...but some people just go way to far...and I think the 3rd gen Dakotas would look better lowered if they made a body kit for them... but the lowered ones I've seen just... don't do anything for me... I wish Icould get the handling of a lowered truck w/o lowering it...

Quick Reply: RAKED LOOK