3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Another mod

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Night_Runner
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Another mod

yes powdercoat can be smooth...like on bike frames sometimes people have the coated...but yes, i have heard that the rougher stuff is made of a stronger composition. i just never knew they were made of plastic....that suprises me...

Old 07-12-2007, 12:22 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like powdercoats. They look good on just about everything. My father in law builds iron gates and the first one I saw that he built had iron grapes and ivy leaves, and they were powdercoated green (leaves) and purple (grapes). They were absolutely beautiful. The nice thing is they'll last almost forever.

Old 07-14-2007, 02:26 AM
judmoney00

Has anyone hard wired a tailgate led bar? i want to get one but i dont have the tow package wiring so i was hoping the install wasnt too bad hooking it to the taillight wiring

Old 07-14-2007, 02:43 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

the guy who i showed pics of had his hard wired. i am going to hard wire mine...you basically (i would assume) just splice into the brake light wire, reverse light wire, and each turn signal from your tail lights....i kow the fire&ice led bar comes with instructions to hardwire. i will let you know how it goes tomorrow...right after i ordered mine i saw they have a new type of led bar, called the firestrom..too bad i spent the $ already

http://www.plasmaglow.com/

i would not buy it from their site however, it will be twice as much as anywhere else. i found my fire&ice bar on ebay but i wanted to purchase it from a store, so i emailed the store and they made a auction for it just for me and told me what the reserve would be....its an actual truck store with a real location. i would second guess buying something like this from an individual....always find a real store with a physical address if possible just in case something happens, like for instance they give you the wrong tracking #...cough cough, i have no clue who had that happen to them[8D] oh wait, that was me, im glad i ordered from a physical store, seriousely

Old 07-14-2007, 02:50 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

wait guys, real quick, will i need a resistor since this is led? i believe i remember scottscan said he didnt need one but did get a small resistor for the running lights because they were considerably brighter than the other running lights (since he had covers *like i do) and he wanted them to match when it came to running lights...am i correct? anyone remember?

Old 07-14-2007, 07:12 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

duh na na....

technically, it isnt installed. it is just sitting on my bumper and plugged into my trailer lights....tomorrow i will hardwire it....and this is making me think after all i do need those spiderlights

(fin A!!!) i just went to stylinconcepts.com to get a pic of spiderlights for you guys and on the home page they have a big advertisement for the fire&ice bar....59.99 (till 7-24)....it was 79.99 or 89.99 last week!!!! which, i paid 79 shipped from a store on ebay which would have been the same as if i got it from stylin, but i got the good feedback...now this!!!! go get one frenchy, price wont get any lower...and if you want free shipping, use the coupon code STYLIN20.

anyway, here are the spiderlights

Old 07-14-2007, 07:14 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

I see no spiderlights... YOU LIE!

Old 07-14-2007, 07:15 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

i fixed

Old 07-14-2007, 07:55 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

Hmm, might look really cool, I'd have to see them on a truck to decide though.

Old 07-14-2007, 08:07 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

well i have a feeling you will see them on the truck in due time, as it would match the led bar better....might wait to get to school before i get them so i dont hear (i thought you were done crap)