3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Another mod

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 08:13 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Another mod

Yeah I usually hear the "you shouldn't be spending money on that truck you need to be saving to pay off school" line.

Old 07-14-2007, 08:17 PM
Night_Runner
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya i hear you....i always hit them back with the "would you rather me spend it on my truck or start smokin and become an alcoholic?"

Old 07-14-2007, 10:50 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

here is a pic of running lights only

here are some vids, from what i know, leds light faster so thats the main reason i want the spiderlites, so my blinkers will light at the same time...also, it will match the bar
http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...t=96415591.flv
http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...t=af40feae.flv

Old 07-14-2007, 11:00 PM
BACKnBLACK
Professional

Drew, How easy was the light strip to install? I have one on order. Thanks! Todd

Old 07-14-2007, 11:03 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

its not installed yet, its just sittin on my bumper and pluged into my trailor lights. im going to hard wire it tomorrow and instead of using the 3m double sided tape to stick it under the tailgate, im going to get some 90 degree brackets and mount it to my tailgate so it isnt so far back, so it can be seen better, and tucked up better too, if that makes sense to you

also, if you have trailor lights, it would be easier to wire it to wire it to them rather than the actual taillights

also, www.stylinconcepts.com is havin a sale on them for 59.99[:@] which is a great deal....the people who make them "plasmaglow" has them for over 100, i think closer to 150

Old 07-15-2007, 07:13 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i purchased mine from sylin trucks also. but i just got the led. not the fire and ice. install was easy. just remove the tailgate and simply put the light bar on the bumper and just push it on the back edge of the bed. the 3m tape hold perfectly. and if it is not straight then you can lightly pry it up and straighten the bar and seal it back down. but my light bar is the same speed as mt tail lights. dont know what the problem there is.

[IMG]local://upfiles/31284/0FD78BFAFE1B43689308AE854D572585.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-15-2007, 07:53 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

they bink at the same time, but you can tell the led bar lights up completely faster if that makes sense...the leds light up instantely, while the reg brake lights fade in and out...while very fast and hard to detect the fade, the taillamps do fade on and off

hope it makes sense

Old 07-15-2007, 08:09 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Night_Runner

they bink at the same time, but you can tell the led bar lights up completely faster if that makes sense...the leds light up instantely, while the reg brake lights fade in and out...while very fast and hard to detect the fade, the taillamps do fade on and off

hope it makes sense
That does make sense, I've seen the effect with other things before. Reason for that is the regular bulb is a filament that gets hot from the current and glows, so there is a very brief time required for it to heat up and to cool down. LED's on the other hand are either on or off and there's no "fade" in or out. It's actually possible using a frequency generator to make a wave that will cause a filament bulb to appear steady "on" but an LED to blink rapidly.