3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Broken radio!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 07:24 PM
bkjtimp
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Broken radio!

As far as pics go, my system looks stock...I (broke) removed the factory tweeter covers when I installed the new JL tweeters, then glues the factory covers back on, so it all still looks stock. The locaions are the fwd window trim by the mirrors.

Old 07-14-2007, 12:43 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Broken radio!

ORIGINAL: bkjtimp

As far as pics go, my system looks stock...I (broke) removed the factory tweeter covers when I installed the new JL tweeters, then glues the factory covers back on, so it all still looks stock. The locaions are the fwd window trim by the mirrors.
The highs aren't ridiculously overpowering now? My last car had similar mounting for the factory components, mids low and tweeters way up, when I replaced them with Infinity Kappas I could never get the sound right. Emailed Infinity about it and they said most component speakers are designed for no more than 18" seperation between the mids and tweeters. If yours sound right like that I may have to look into JL when I do my system down the road.

Quick Reply: Broken radio!