3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Broken radio!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 06:41 PM
flyboy1304
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken radio!

Has anyone had any problems with there factory radio? My factory radio took a dump! the passanger front and rear speakers are not working. and i know its not the new speakers. i have new sony Xplods all around. i took it into the dealership and they ordered a new one. I was curious if anyone has had any problems with there fctory radio?

Old 07-11-2007, 09:42 PM
BACKnBLACK
Professional
Default RE: Broken radio!

the only problem I had with it was the AUX jack went bad. I replaced it with a Pioneer Head Unit instead of going back to the stock radio however.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:31 AM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem, is those Sony XPlod speakers... hehehe... jk...

I'm not a fan of Sony's Mobile Audio line.... Home Audio, however, is a different story...

Hrmmm... Can I wire a home audio system into a vehicle system???

Old 07-12-2007, 08:32 AM
Altair
Dak attack!

ORIGINAL: Frenchy

Hrmmm... Can I wire a home audio system into a vehicle system???
That would be pretty sweet, although I think my parents would kill me if I took the Klipsch's out of the living room and put them in my truck, lol.

Flyboy did you check to make sure the wires weren't shorting out on something for those speakers? It's unlikely but it is possible.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:06 PM
DakotaStone
Champion

I've never had an issue with factory radio. I'm not going to switch it out either, since I have the 6 disc changer.

Old 07-12-2007, 02:36 PM
bkjtimp
Veteran

I too have the 6 disc with Sirius. I play my mp3 cds in it--It's great. The speakers were not so great. I installed JL's componants in front (like factory) and 2ways in rear. Added a inexpensive 10" sub with line-level amp that I keep on the floor behind my drivers seat. Sounds much better now. Won't break my windows, but who needs that anyways.

Old 07-12-2007, 02:38 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

ORIGINAL: bkjtimp

I too have the 6 disc with Sirius. I play my mp3 cds in it--It's great. The speakers were not so great. I installed JL's componants in front (like factory) and 2ways in rear. Added a inexpensive 10" sub with line-level amp that I keep on the floor behind my drivers seat. Sounds much better now. Won't break my windows, but who needs that anyways.
How do the JL's sound with the tweeter in the factory location? Any chance you could put up some pics showing the speaker locations for the factory premium system? (At least in the front, I'm curious where/how they located the tweeters, thinkin of upgrading to components sometime)

Old 07-13-2007, 10:29 AM
flyboy1304
Veteran

Its deffinatly not the speakers or a short anywhere it is the factory radio. and the dodge dealership is gonna get me a new one.
I'm not a big fan of sony speakers either, just had to have somethin better than stock unfortunatly there not much better at all!!!

Old 07-13-2007, 12:31 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

ORIGINAL: flyboy1304

Its deffinatly not the speakers or a short anywhere it is the factory radio. and the dodge dealership is gonna get me a new one.
I'm not a big fan of sony speakers either, just had to have somethin better than stock unfortunatly there not much better at all!!!
That's unfortunate, how much did those run you? I paid 120 for my polk db650's from cardomain and I've been very happy with them considering I'm running them off the factory head unit.

Old 07-13-2007, 05:31 PM
flyboy1304
Veteran

i think i only paid 30 for them

Quick Reply: Broken radio!