3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Almost Had To Buy New Truck Tonight

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 11:53 AM
Night_Runner
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Almost Had To Buy New Truck Tonight

ya i would have been pissed if it was damaged too. when i called ohp that was the first thing they asked me, i assume so they can handle a claim or whatever....if that guy hit me, there is no question in my mine i would have hit the parked truck or the home leaving my truck totaled and me and my friend hurt severley if not worse...we were close to the parked vehicle as it was

Old 07-13-2007, 12:33 PM
mb18
Record Breaker

All I gotta say is wow. Glad you and your truck are okay....could've been a lot worse. OHP will get that moron...he should be forced to pay for the yard damage.

Old 07-13-2007, 12:39 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They aren't going to try and make you pay for the damage to the guy's yard are they?

Old 07-13-2007, 12:44 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

Yeah I hope not its not your fault... although you know how things can always get twisted and they can force you to pay for it.... I hope not though

Old 07-13-2007, 01:07 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

when i stopped and appoligized about the guys yard, he said no problem. ohp just knows i was ran off the road and i told them the story about what happened. to the best of my knowledge, unless they sent someone out to where i explained this happened to talk to the guys whos yard it is, they have had no contact with him....the ownerjust said he was glad things werent worse and told me not to worry about it....as for the *** hole, ohp told me they couldnt really do much except pull him over and/or call him (if they couldnt find him down the road) and question him about it since there were no witnesses....but as he was driving irratically if they did see him they would have pulled him over, and if he was in excessive speeds and had anything against him and had to take him in, then they would call me back....otherwise, there is nothing they could do....

i have not gotten a call from them so i assume they never found him so at this time, there is nothing more that can be done...i assume

Old 07-13-2007, 01:54 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And you're probably right too. If he had hit you and taken off, then he'd be in jail for a felony hit and run.

Old 07-13-2007, 05:41 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

as long as you have the color of the car and make. you dont need to have all the numbers and letters in the correct spot. the ohp will be able to figure it out. the only problem is they wont do anything about it. what happens is it will be brushed aside. had the two of you made contact then it would be another story but no contact it will be his word against yours. next time trade some paint.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:45 AM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

AGREED!!

Old 07-16-2007, 01:17 PM
Kerrbear219
Professional

I'm so glad you are ok and the guy you spoke with was cool abut his yard (I'd just be happy you didn't hit my truck).
What anass though....I have no tolerance for idiocy.

Quick Reply: Almost Had To Buy New Truck Tonight