3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Almost Had To Buy New Truck Tonight

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 12:35 AM
Night_Runner
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost Had To Buy New Truck Tonight

well guys, i was with my buddy going to Sonic (americas drive in) on a back road and some ***got coming the other way decides to swerve into me. i swearved and went into a ditch and ended up in some guys yard doing a 720. needless to say, the guys yard was nice and i really tore it up but luckily i did not hit his mailbox and nearly missed his f150 in his gravel driveway. the guy that swereved into me missed me by maybe a foot. if i delayed half a second, i WOULD HAVE been hit and most likely would have been pushed out enough to slam into the guys parked truck or maybe even his house. the guy hauled *** and i got the needle as far as it would go chasing him. eventually we got on the hwy and i caugt up to what was an early to mid 90s maroon ford thuderbird when i called OHP and gave them the plate number...soon after the guy passed 2 semis in each lane by passing with half the car off the road...i called it quits then. the plate was IKA455...i called ohp at 843pm and read them the plate but as of right now am secondguessing bc i kinda forgot because of the adrenalin. i am 100% sure in the I_A455 and 99% sure on the K..car had ok plates. later i went to the guys house and appoligized for the yard although it was an accident i did feel kinda bad, you could tell he busted his ***** to get it lookin like the greens...

Old 07-13-2007, 01:35 AM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker
Default RE: Almost Had To Buy New Truck Tonight

dang, glad your ok

Old 07-13-2007, 02:11 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

ya it was pretty crazy and i appreciate that. we got a **** load of rain this morning/afternoon but the sun came out around 3...ground was still soaked though, the guys yard is pretty bad. when i called the ohp i told them the correct plate number, but now i cant remember the 2nd letter for some reason i keep second guessing...wish i could remember. i saw the guy coming from a ways down the road...he was in the middle of this old country road so i flashed my lights (it was just after 830ish and he was probally 3/4 mi away, so lights werent even needed, but i did it to get his attention. he got in his lane immediately, very fast, looking back on it, he got in the lane fast enough to make you think he was pissed....then right before we would have went by him he shot completely into my lane and you can even see the marks on the grass he went a little off the road on my side. while we were chasing him on the hwy he was all over...guy must have had a death wish or something.

Old 07-13-2007, 06:23 AM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

Glad you okay too... freakin *** holes

Old 07-13-2007, 07:41 AM
Dak_in_Black
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Night_Runner

...i called it quits then. the plate was IKA455...i called ohp at 843pm and read them the plate but as of right now am secondguessing bc i kinda forgot because of the adrenalin. i am 100% sure in the I_A455 and 99% sure on the K..car had ok plates.

Yeah, there are idiots out there...good thing you werem't hurt and the truck did not get jacked up.

Don't worry, if you got the state plate correct and have enough of the other digits, they can do a partial plate search and then just find the car that matches the description....

Old 07-13-2007, 08:54 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks, I hate a_holes like that. At least nobody was hurt and no damage to your truck. From the sounds of it I would guess that guy was drunk...

Old 07-13-2007, 09:42 AM
DakotaStone
Champion

ORIGINAL: Altair

That sucks, I hate a_holes like that. At least nobody was hurt and no damage to your truck. From the sounds of it I would guess that guy was drunk...
What are you talking about? I'm one of the a_holes like that....!! J/K. We have a lot of people around here that do that crap.

The lady I work with, her son is 16 and he just totalled his 95 Bronco screwing around on a dirt road.

Was there much damage to your truck?

Old 07-13-2007, 10:12 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

ORIGINAL: Dak_in_Black

ORIGINAL: Night_Runner

...i called it quits then. the plate was IKA455...i called ohp at 843pm and read them the plate but as of right now am secondguessing bc i kinda forgot because of the adrenalin. i am 100% sure in the I_A455 and 99% sure on the K..car had ok plates.

Yeah, there are idiots out there...good thing you werem't hurt and the truck did not get jacked up.

Don't worry, if you got the state plate correct and have enough of the other digits, they can do a partial plate search and then just find the car that matches the description....
i know for a fact the plate was correct when i read it to ohp, i am just having problems remembering it correctly now

Old 07-13-2007, 10:14 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

ORIGINAL: DakotaStone

Was there much damage to your truck?

none at all besides goin to the car wash and sprayin all the mud and grass off my truck from the guys yard. i did have to put it in 4wd to get out of the guys yard, i mean i tore it up real good

Old 07-13-2007, 11:40 AM
DakotaStone
Champion

That's good. I would have been pissed if he had damaged your truck. What a frickin moron.

Quick Reply: Almost Had To Buy New Truck Tonight