3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

MUFFLER ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 12:01 PM
OneBadKota
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MUFFLER ?

ORIGINAL: Altair

Mine exits like that and I haven't noticed any residue on the rim so far, had the exhaust on almost a month.

It's more of a long term thing. Also, I think the coating on the aluminum wheels protect it a little more.

Old 07-18-2007, 12:02 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

pipe is 2.5".....as for the residue issue. ive noticed more (maybe its bc my pipes are shiney compaired to the stock pipe) residue. more than what was on my ram.

Old 07-19-2007, 01:27 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

Well if its not to late... I'd recomend either the Borla like NR or if you want something just a Tad...and I do mean Tad louder and prolly alot cheaper I'd go with a Goerlich Xlerator muffler great muffler pretty much the same specs as a Magnaflow only MUCH MUCH quieter... the drone is about what it was stock and but you if you get the RPMS high enough you can tell its there... however, whats nice especially in my case is that when people get in my truck they can't tell that its a performance exhaust system because of how quiet and stock-like it sounds!

Old 07-19-2007, 01:38 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

i got da hook up on borla mufflers...just got to know where to shop.

Old 07-19-2007, 06:50 PM
RMUDBUGS
Professional

I will order the Borla this weekend, but I am having a hard time finding a tip I like. I want a rectangular tip about 6 to 8 inchies long with about a 2 inch openning. Any suggestions?

Old 07-19-2007, 07:13 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

see if you can find some tips from an lt1 camaro z28...they were rectangle, prob only 4 inches long but you can get 2 and cut and weld and polish them....i wouldnt want to do that....but idk what else to tell you...ill see if i can find something later tonight. ps, how do you like that deal i pm'd you on the borla?

also, it is quiet, but if you want it silent, just take off the rear reso and tell the muffler shop you want to keep it in case you want to put it on later.

Quick Reply: MUFFLER ?