3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Metal on Metal sound????

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 05:35 PM
DudeigotaDak
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Metal on Metal sound????

i have an 05' Dak, when i have the wheel turned fully and run over a bump or up a driveway which has a slighty steep grade that makes the truck rock back and fourth it makes a metal on metal sound usually on the passenger side of my truck, now im no genious here but i do beleive the culprit isthe piece O' crap OEM shocks or struts or both... i have taken the truck to the dealer and told them what i was experiencing and they told me that it was normal for the truck...... is anybody else having this noise problem???

Old 07-22-2007, 05:44 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Metal on Metal sound????

are you sure metal to metal and not like a small popping noise? most of us have had to have the ball joints replaced because they have broken free from there place. and some times they tend to rub inside the a arm. causing it to wear. i nneeded the hole kit replaced on my 05. upper and lower because of this

Old 07-22-2007, 06:16 PM
DudeigotaDak
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes i am POSITIVE it is a rubbing sound, "matter of fact it makes me clinch my jaw everytime i hear it, kinda like nails on the chalk board to melol"the tech from the dodge dealer said that he could see the wear of the.... what ever he called it..... and you know what he saysto me?... "can't you turn in the drive way with the wheel not turned all the way".... and i tell him that it is quite a tight turn, and he says"do you think you could pull in halfway, back up a bit and then continueto pull forwardup the drive"shouldn't this kind of stuff be some sort of recall or something? but i guess since it is not life threatning they will not honor it.... i tell you what, it sucks!

Old 07-22-2007, 07:15 PM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

uhh... try a different dealer, that shouldn't be audible.... at all..

And tell your dealer to shove it.

Quick Reply: Metal on Metal sound????