3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Front rotors fed up

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 12:29 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: Front rotors fed up

we use a local auto store which only sells good stuff so thats where we go, my dad has been using them since before i was born w/o any problems

Old 08-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

ORIGINAL: shrpshtr325

idk what ur talking about, we just go to the auto store and spend $150, max on rotors and pads, and we get the good pads, and we have never had that problem, (3 dakotas, 1 durango), except when we tried to have the rotors cut instead of replaced, big mistake there
Then you're probably one of the lucky few.....

I dont ever recommend buying the cheap $35 rotors at like Autozone....the cheapest I would go is the OEM replacements from like Napa which are usually about $65...

The biggest thing is just making sure you are buying a quality rotor...
What do you think of these? http://stores.channeladvisor.com/bra...952?sck=751291
Dealer just told me my front rotors are warped and the warranty on brakes is only 12k miles. I know it's risky but I'm thinking about trying them, tried looking for info on them and all I found was one post in some other forum saying they liked them (and they were apparently having a group buy of them, forget which forum, found it on google). I just figure someone on here might know something about them.

Old 08-03-2007, 06:26 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never heard of Brakeplanet,but I saw a lifetime warranty on those parts, to include warping and cracking.......

I'd say at the worst, you'll get your money's worth...

Old 08-03-2007, 06:29 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well maybe I'll get them and be the guinea pig for the rest of you guys we'll see...

Quick Reply: Front rotors fed up