3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Curious

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 12:02 AM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Curious

haha what did I do? [sm=devilangel.gif]

BTW: I still have the truck, its the silver one on the trailer
when I baught my ram I had a dealership offer me $6000 for it. didnt want to trade it though.

Oh, and did I mention it dynoed 325rwhp on the 33's?

Old 08-07-2007, 12:17 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're not doing anything to make yourself less hated now...

Old 08-07-2007, 12:26 AM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker

haha

Old 08-07-2007, 08:48 AM
Dak_in_Black
Veteran

I got the truck because it suited my needs.

I like working around the house/yard and never could haul stuff around (had a 97 Grand Caravan). I also enjoy camping and needed something to either tow a small trailer or a pop-up camper and could also sit the entire family pretty comfortably. I certainly did not need a full size truck to fit my needs; I looked at other trucks but have always liked the Dak.

I got it from CARMAX with 11K miles on it for about 20K...

Old 08-07-2007, 09:49 AM
moosehunter
Professional

Well, I for sure knew what I was getting into. Trade my 2006 for a Jeep Liberty and still had a 1997 318 Dak's... Those 2 were coming from a trade on an 03 Durango R/T 360... That was pig on gas, way worst than our Daks...

I regularly drive a Chev 1500 HD truck at work and a Ford Ranger and those are no better. The ranger as about the same mpg as my dakota but cut off at 150km/h... all over the road and as no room.

So I know it's hard on gas, if I can get mod to save on gas, I shure will take a look but...

Old 08-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Handy05
Rookie

had 97dodge avenger before the 4cyl so i knew i was not going even come close to the same mpg

Old 08-07-2007, 01:47 PM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Haha... yea, those people that think just because it's a midsize with a V-6, it should get like 20MPG city.
With some full-size cars, your lucky to see 20 city, yet alone a vehicle with more ground clearance, length, bigger tires,weight, and all theother things that don't help economy.
Sure, I'd welcome moreMPG's, but I do live in the real world.
Of course, my '89 Civic hatchback small block (you know, 1.5L instead of 1.6L ), which you had to floor all the time just to get it out of its own way, managed only about 25MPG, so the size increase with slight mileage decrease was more than welcome.
I do get a kick out of people who drive cars like Yaris and Prius, its just sooo hard for me to take those people seriously, and to not laugh at them. But, at least their doing their part to protect the environment .

Old 08-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Prius I laugh at, the Yaris I can sort of understand because it's dirt cheap, have a few friends who bought them because it was the only new car they could afford.

Old 08-07-2007, 04:03 PM
4x4QC06V8DKTA
Veteran

LIKE i told my friends who asked me why i would buy a truck with the way gas prices are! i told them...well i haul alot of **** and i like sitting up higher in a truck rather thana little car to where i feel so small and useless to where in a truck i feel higher up! haha even though my wife and my mother have to literally like jump into the truck...but oh well they don't have to ride in it everyday so i'm not worried about it!

Old 08-07-2007, 04:50 PM
Blu_Dak
Veteran

ORIGINAL: texasbluedak

I've been reading alot of the threads here and most everyone has an opinion about the good/bad gas mileage of our trucks. I'm a little bit curious as to some people wanting to mod out their truck to GAIN gas mileage. Did anyone here really actually buy their truck for the reason to get good gas mileage or assume that they would reguardless of the mods or lack their of? I mean I can imagine if you had a 1 or 3/4 ton with a 6.0L engine and downsizing for better gas mileage, but come on did you really expect to get 20-22mpg in town and30 on the highway? I'm not trying to **** anyone off, I promise, but I am truely curious if there arealot of owners that were expecting that.
I bought mine for the Sole purpose to haul my Wife,2 Kidza pooch & 4,400# Tow-bhind camper to where ever!The good gas mileage was a bonus!!!LOL!I honestly think the mileage is pretty Damm good!

Blu_

Quick Reply: Curious