3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

how does borla sound?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 01:33 PM
Destructicon
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: how does borla sound?

Well I just personnally dont like the borla stuff... sounds too much like euro comp or jap spec too me, of course depending on the model. I got teh flowmaster super 40 with JBA headers. It's lound and monsterous and just the wayI like it!!

=D

Old 01-31-2008, 03:53 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

ORIGINAL: Destructicon

sounds too much like euro comp or jap spec too me, of course depending on the model.
its fine not to like it, but to say it sounds like jap crap? i think your alone on that one

old vid i made, still had 1 reso on at the time, and only rev'd it to 4k as that is the limiter unless in gear
http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...4071623-00.flv

Old 01-31-2008, 04:19 PM
Destructicon
Rookie

That was supposed to have been an overall statement about borla and not the "specific model for our specific truck"..... I was mostly referring to the rice rocket type exhausts they make. Hence why I just dont really like them.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:39 PM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker

idk about you but borla is one of the most expensive crap out there,, i wouldnt call that Jap at all- if ur gonna call something jap call HKS or Apexi, i would say borla is a really good, just xpensive

Old 01-31-2008, 05:12 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

well, i still dont understand the rice stuff. i havent heard any of their stuff sound like a lawn mower, but between the truck, my hawk, and my moms gt/cs stang, thats the type of vehicles i hear it on. t/a's, camaros, vettes, ect and so on....ive never heard borla on a jetta, but im sure it sounds different....as for borla bein expensive, darn right it is, but there are always great deals out there, you just have to know where to look. like i stated before, i wanted the corsa tips, but the tips alone were 200 plus for the style i wanted, so i bought some corsa clones for just under half the price. i will tell you what though, i know i paid a lot for the tip, but i got a great deal on my muffler, and i have previously used the exhaust shop i did, so i got a good rate on install...honestly, i probably didnt pay much more, maybe even less than some people on here. like i said, just have to know where to look

if you go to this magnaflow link, all of those are for our trucks....almost every price there is double of what i paid total....just gotta know where to go
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...amp;cat=Dakota

Old 02-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Destructicon
Rookie

well then..... to me.... I just dont care for it. Nuff said, you have your opinion and I have mine.

But I will definately agree with you that it is e-x-p-e-n-s-i-v-e =)

Quick Reply: how does borla sound?