3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Can Anyone Help?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 02:25 AM
Night_Runner
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can Anyone Help?

ok, so i got my tow hooks (never been used, in perfect condition) from a guy on DT which took them off soon after the purchase of the vehicle and put on a bull bar. i guess the bull bar mounts directly to the bracket in which the tow hooks mount. since my truck was not ordered with tow hooks (idiot move imo but it happens) the bracket is not on my truck. i called dodge and asked if i could purchase the bracket and they said sure, but it cannot be sold independently. you have to purchase the tow hooks from dodge, and with the tow hooks, the bracket is included (so thats why its $100[8D])....anyway did anyone take off their tow hooks and have the bracket in which i could purchase?

note: if i had known this, i would have just bought the hooks from dodge as now i will prob be spending as much if not more than from dodge....after shipping from canada, ive spent 70 on the hooks (which i figured was cheaper than from dodge) but now with having to purchase the brackets, will prob be more[:@]

Old 08-09-2007, 10:17 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Can Anyone Help?

cany help you there, but if you get a pic or demensions for the brackets i am sure a decent fab shop sould create them for you for about 20.00. are you going to usr the hooks? or are they going to be for show?

Old 08-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

they will most definately be there for purpose...now whether they get used or not is another thing, but they are most definately going there just in case....because you never know and we do (not every year) get some pretty good snow and ice storms

Old 08-09-2007, 12:31 PM
01dodge
Rookie

The cost of steel now i dout you can get one made up for 20 bucks,but you
could look into it. Night Runner, what brand name are those tail light covers?