3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Guys with hard covers...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 05:31 PM
Dak_in_Black
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Guys with hard covers...

ORIGINAL: mb18

My Century Royal cap plus a Bed Rug, both installed, was $1775. I didn't get any options with the cap, however...it came the way I wanted it and I couldn't afford to trick it out too much.
That is not a bad deal... A.R.E is not cheap, and they are closely followed by LEER.I think a lot of the price depends on what part of the country you live in as well. Chicagoland area is expensive....

Old 08-20-2007, 05:40 PM
mb18
Record Breaker

I think the A.R.E. Z-Series was about $1700 installed, so I saved about $350 going with the Century. I had priced out several brands...Century, A.R.E. and Jeraco were the main ones I looked at. Century came in right in the middle, but the dealer was a lot closer and highly recommended. Leer didn't have a dealer real close to me, so I had to forget about them.

Old 08-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

ive said this before and this is just my opinion.

i have owned a century, i now own a leer, i have friends with are.

my century honestly, i thought it was nice, till i was exposed to others. are's are nice, but their turn handle is a b**** in my opinion, although the structure is very nice. leer in my opinion seemed to have a nicer finish all the way around than anything else. i feel the reason why there are so many are caps/tonneaus around is bc of how many dealers are around. i also feel like they do more advertising. i have also seen a *******, and the fitment was horrible and the finish wasnt nice at all, but that could have been from the owner, maybe he abused it.

Old 08-20-2007, 09:31 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

******* makes a hard tonneau with a little spoiler

Old 08-20-2007, 10:20 PM
herkguy
Veteran

Yes the area you live in definately makes the cost. My last Leer for my 01 Dak was a top of the line painted to match headliner and rack(this came to 1750 in Alaska...no sales tax ). The same set up in Minnesota is 1450 plus tax = aroud 1660.00 out the door.

The ******* one that Night Runner posted looks like a good set up for the sport look. Those bed rugs add alot to the look also, very nice.

Old 08-24-2007, 04:30 PM
RMUDBUGS
Professional

Well I got my Undercover Tonnaeu Cover today and it took me about 45 min. to install. No drilling, all clamp on and very easy. I am very pleased with it and now tring to decide weather to paint it to match my truck or leave it black. What do you all think? I'm leaning towards leaving it black because my mirrors and door handles are black.

Old 08-25-2007, 03:51 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

www.gaylordslids.com

Old 08-25-2007, 03:06 PM
pro4x4
Veteran

I bought the bakflip cover. Paid like $650 for it and installed it myself. Great cover because it allows you to use the whole bed and you don't have to fumble with removing it if you have something big to haul around. I think I got it from autoanything. I added a lock to my tailgate and now have a secure place to put stuff.

Quick Reply: Guys with hard covers...