3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

HOW STUPID!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007 | 11:34 PM
jimboscomp
|
All Star
Default HOW STUPID!!!!

OK so some of yall know my truck got hit while parked in my driveway 2 weeks ago. It was a hit and run so I was stuck paying the $300 deductable to get the dern rear end bent back into shape and repainted. I also have all those aftermarket LED lights and things on the bumper. When I brought the truck in, I told them "don't reconnect the lights on the bumper, I'll do that myself". and they said oh no don't worry we know how to reconnect them, we'll go ahead and do it for you! I thought ok well if they say so! They obviously have NO CLUE what the heck they're doing!!!!

I drive away, things are ok until I hit the left turn signal/brake, and then it comes on and says I have a light out. I thought ok no big deal maybe a fuse got blown while it was in the shop. I get home and I have no clue what was going through the idiot minds of those people! I turned on my left turn signal and then got under the rear of my truck to check the wires, where I discovered the ground wire BURNING! They had taken, a + wire from my license plate lights, and a + from my reverse lights, and connected them to the ground of my tail lights! How they got all those wires mixed up i have NO IDEA...BUT I WAS P-Oed!

So I said you know what screw it, I take it back to them they'll just screw it up even more I'll do it myself. I fixed it just fine 2 hours later. Then I was using my knife to cut some wire ties for something, the knife slipped, and then cut into the + and - wires of a spare 12v battery I have to run a few things. The lead acid charge proceeded to MELT the edge of my knife.

and to think..this could have allll been avoided if that person who hit my truck would have just left a note on it...or just not hit it at all....this sucks...

Old 09-08-2007 | 03:57 AM
RP Racing940
Record Breaker
Default RE: HOW STUPID!!!!

If you told them not to and they said they know, still tell them dont touch it. When my sonoma was in for repair after playing tag with a deer at 45mph, the body shop kid who sdoes the removal of simple stuff (ie a 17yr old kid who shouldnt be touching anything) removed my KC lights from top of the pushbar by CUTTING the wires instead of using the QUICK CONNECT under the hood behind teh grille. All he had to do was follow the wire through the grille and he'd seen the connectors.

Old 09-08-2007 | 04:09 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

im sorry to hear that jimbo, that pisses me off[:@]

Old 09-08-2007 | 04:18 AM
jimboscomp
|
All Star

ORIGINAL: RP Racing940

If you told them not to and they said they know, still tell them dont touch it. When my sonoma was in for repair after playing tag with a deer at 45mph, the body shop kid who sdoes the removal of simple stuff (ie a 17yr old kid who shouldnt be touching anything) removed my KC lights from top of the pushbar by CUTTING the wires instead of using the QUICK CONNECT under the hood behind teh grille. All he had to do was follow the wire through the grille and he'd seen the connectors.
yeah...i learned a lesson...never will someone else touch it...exactly the reason why I do everything myself..it's donet he way I want it..and no one else can screw it up lol

Old 09-08-2007 | 07:58 AM
Dak_in_Black
Veteran

That really sucks... especially because you were parked in your driveway!!

I would have taken it back to the shop and have had them pay for the replacement cost of the parts they screwed up. I had my bike in the shop to have new tires mounted and I had set of air horns hidden under the frame. After telling the morons that they were there, they proceeded to crush them anyway. They paid for a new set of air horns, which I reinstalled.

After that fiasco, I went out and bought a lift and I take the tires off myself and take them to the shop to have them mounted.If I rode more, I would get my own tire mouting gear...

Old 09-08-2007 | 12:38 PM
jimboscomp
|
All Star

yeah..it's funny who you bring something to the shop for someone to take care of and fix..yet they tend to always not show any care in the world for what you have on there :O

A tire place crushed my underbody LEDs one time...decided next time I'd go with LED strips lol.

Quick Reply: HOW STUPID!!!!