3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

gotta Read this guys

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 07:00 PM
4x4QC06V8DKTA
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gotta Read this guys

so Friday I'm pulling out ofa parking space and my truck makes a loud bang from the Trany and a check engine light comes on and it goes into "LIMP" mode. which means it sees something thats wrong and will not let the truck get over 2500 RPMS no matter how hard you stomp the gas...Well this is the 3rd time...so yeah starting to get a little irritated...but i'm getting a new Trans. all new cables, wiring and sensors with the transmission and its under warrantee...but if that ever happens to you tell your dealership to check the Pressure sensor in the transmission!

Old 09-11-2007, 07:15 PM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker
Default RE: gotta Read this guys

that sucks, good thing for warrantees!

Old 09-11-2007, 07:41 PM
Blu_Dak
Veteran

I feel your pain Brother,my rear trany blew up 3 week's ago.it was under warranty but it took 8 Days start to finish.They couldn't look @ it for 3 Days & when they did the figured they needed a new Differential case.....Which had to be shiped from Millwalkie.
It cost me $100,time & a hack job from the young tow kid!

blu_

Old 09-12-2007, 04:19 AM
RP Racing940
Record Breaker

Hell if I had a vehicle do that to me 3 times under warranty, I'd be putting a for sale sign on it. Once I can understand. Twice, maybe but would be very pissed. Three time, no.

Old 09-12-2007, 03:58 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

ORIGINAL: 4x4QC06V8DKTA

so Friday I'm pulling out ofa parking space and my truck makes a loud bang from the Trany and a check engine light comes on and it goes into "LIMP" mode. which means it sees something thats wrong and will not let the truck get over 2500 RPMS no matter how hard you stomp the gas...Well this is the 3rd time...so yeah starting to get a little irritated...but i'm getting a new Trans. all new cables, wiring and sensors with the transmission and its under warrantee...but if that ever happens to you tell your dealership to check the Pressure sensor in the transmission!
happend to me, i had 2 bad sensors...the 2500rpm thing came and went and came back

Old 09-12-2007, 04:32 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

...hmm... not cool... I'll have to remember that ...but +1 to warrenties... :-D

Old 09-12-2007, 04:34 PM
4x4QC06V8DKTA
Veteran

YEAH...I mean but i love my truck and honestly as long as it gets fixed its w/e....but you know i'm hoping its just two bad sensors like above me stated!! cause if thats all it is then I'll be good! get those changed then its back to racin...lol syk....but yeah i can't believe this BS I ordered an INJEN intake because my AEM accidently got ran over! don't ask....and it won't be here till next Friday or so and I ordered it last Friday! aint' that some ****? but yeah they supposidley had to order it from injen and got there "last one" but yeah...Differential fluid change soon! anybody recommend a particular fluid for the rear end?

Old 09-12-2007, 04:47 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

Okay I know you said don't ask...but come on did you really expect us not to ask.... how does a CAI "accidentally" get ran over??

Old 09-12-2007, 05:19 PM
4x4QC06V8DKTA
Veteran

uhm...took off the stock airbox then took the AEM and was going to put it on but wanted to hear what it sounded like with out anything on it! Yeah I know DURHHHH...but yeah i left the AEM box in front of my front tire and yeah I deffinately got in and revd it up and thought about how i left it in neutraland got in the truck and by instinct took the E-brake off and didn't notice the truck start to move down the driveway until I heard...CRUNCH...and yeah thats the story.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:26 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

WOW... that sucks... so I take it you have a manny??

Quick Reply: gotta Read this guys