3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Flowmaster and removing Resonators

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 08:50 AM
accessguru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flowmaster and removing Resonators

You might be suprised...my wife didn't complain at all like I thought she would. Sometimes you get lucky.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:52 AM
studlyblueiz
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I bought my truck over a year ago, I waited two days before I took it to the exhaust shop. Ditched both resi's and put in original 40's Flowmasters in. I have the 3" tips angled out at both corners of the tailbed to ensure the tone from those 40's resonate off of and to everyone around me.IMHO, mine has a distinct tone similar to Mustangs. I'd like to post a sound clip of it. Maybe record to my phone and email it to myself to post it.

I actually have been followed by other Dakota's to find out what I have. I know there are plenty on the board here who don't care for obnoxious loud be flow 40's are the way to go if you disagree(remove resi's ofcourse)

Old 10-02-2007, 09:34 AM
Altair
Dak attack!

ORIGINAL: studlyblueiz

When I bought my truck over a year ago, I waited two days before I took it to the exhaust shop. Ditched both resi's and put in original 40's Flowmasters in. I have the 3" tips angled out at both corners of the tailbed to ensure the tone from those 40's resonate off of and to everyone around me.IMHO, mine has a distinct tone similar to Mustangs. I'd like to post a sound clip of it. Maybe record to my phone and email it to myself to post it.

I actually have been followed by other Dakota's to find out what I have. I know there are plenty on the board here who don't care for obnoxious loud be flow 40's are the way to go if you disagree(remove resi's ofcourse)
Obnoxious loud is the best kind

I had the same setup on my 95 chevy, looked and sounded real good. Decided to go a little different this time. On the dak I left it single pipe, removed both resi's, put in a Cherry Bomb Vortex muffler (same category as a flow 40, bit different sound) and had it exit before the passenger rear tire with a dual tip. One of the guys I worked with over the summer told me if Harley made a truck it should sound like mine Exhaust vid would be pretty sweet if you can make one, I want to make one of mine but haven't found the time yet. (don't want to do it at my apt and **** off the neighbors)

Old 10-02-2007, 11:18 AM
tuffone20
Professional

She might not have noticed yet because I put the radio up a lttle and took off from red lights real easy or it could be she is just used to driving my Neon with the daul outlet 80 series flowmaster! It's always setting off car alarms................[sm=oopssign.gif]

Old 10-03-2007, 11:32 AM
studlyblueiz
Veteran

Here's a pic of my setup. I also made sound clip with my cell but it doesn't do it justice. You can hear it turn on but you can't hear the real sound when it's moving. I was sitting on the tail gate holding the phone. my wife only drove up to 15mph and she didn't lay into it...

Hopefully this link works...

http://www.speedyshare.com/700456721.html

Old 10-03-2007, 11:34 AM
studlyblueiz
Veteran

ADD: click on the "flowmaster" wavon right side of webpageto download the .wav file.

I'd like to add one with it accelerating hard. I tried making one to hear what it sounds like inside cab to but you can't hear anything when I play back the recording.

Old 10-03-2007, 02:10 PM
studlyblueiz
Veteran

I don't have sound at my work cpu so if the link doesn't work just say so & I'll see if I can fix it.

Old 10-03-2007, 04:10 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

with speakers turned up all the way, i could barely hear anything, and i have external speakers hooked up

Old 10-03-2007, 05:48 PM
studlyblueiz
Veteran

I looked for other places to upload and cant find any. Actually, when I click on the link above I get redirected now. Sorry Itried.

Old 10-03-2007, 05:48 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

Same here, can't make out anything and I've got 500w speakers so it's definitely not loud enough

Quick Reply: Flowmaster and removing Resonators