3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

grille mod

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007 | 07:10 PM
coondog05
|
Veteran
Default RE: grille mod

its very easy to do this (really) i removed the big bracket that secures the grille to the hood, then i drilled two holes in bottom of the grille, installed two"hood pins" made mine from left over manafold bolts drilled two holes in top of bumper to drop the pins through, now the hood is down into the bumper! (folloing me?) it needs to rock forward about 2 to 3 inches so the latch will clear the top of the grille when opening and closing! then i put 2 springs from top inside corner of grille to the side of each headlight housing (you could go to the rad support if you want to) my springs were a little long so i went there to keep it tight when the hood is closed. now when you pop the hood you pull the grille forward a little reach between the grille and hood , push latch down and raise just the hood!! (i also added a little extension to the latch so you dont have to push so far down) this will keep your springs fresh and nice and tight ask me some ? cause it is so easy to do i probably made it soundharder than it is, TODD

Old 10-16-2007 | 07:47 PM
dakchick06
Rookie

Good idea. Looks good! I like the paint too.

Old 10-17-2007 | 05:21 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion

that looks sweet

Quick Reply: grille mod