3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Resonator

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007 | 02:58 PM
pack154
|
Professional
Default Resonator

Just took off my2nd resonator and what a big difference it has made with the Flowmaster 50 series/SUV muffler. I can definately hear it now but it's not too loudto drone out the radio. I called Flowmasters and the told me not to do it. I'm glad I didn't listen to them! I suggest to take off both resonators to get the max out of thepreformance muffler.

Old 10-23-2007 | 03:06 PM
Night_Runner
Champion
Default RE: Resonator

ORIGINAL: pack154

Just took off my2nd resonator and what a big difference it has made with the Flowmaster 50 series/SUV muffler. I can definately hear it now but it's not too loudto drone out the radio. I called Flowmasters and the told me not to do it. I'm glad I didn't listen to them! I suggest to take off both resonators to get the max out of thepreformance muffler.
lol im glad your happy with the sound but the large print above is funny. its an oxymoron.

Old 10-23-2007 | 03:16 PM
pack154
|
Professional

lol!! I'm new on this forum. Not sure how you did that.

Old 10-23-2007 | 03:35 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

ORIGINAL: pack154

lol!! I'm new on this forum. Not sure how you did that.
lol, 1st off, welcome to the site. glad to have ya here. 2nd, why do you think thats funny? do you know why its an oxymoron? do you know what i was thinking? im just playin with you im not really mean, just givin you a little of a hard time, but i said its an oxymoron because in many cases, i have heard flows (due to the internals of the muffler) disrupt the flow of exhaust and can hurt performance. however, i am sure the performance loss is so minute, we cant tell without having the truck on a dyno or something. also, im not trying to bash or anything, not at all

flowmaster mufflers are chambered...here is what is on the inside of a flowmaster. depending on style, the internals change up some, but you get the idea and can see why it disrupts the efficency of the air flow

Old 10-23-2007 | 04:37 PM
pack154
|
Professional

Well, you should give me a hard time, I deserve it! Flows are a "preformance" muffler compared to stock. Now if they are on the high endor low end of "performance", I have noooo idea. I'm sure they are good, but I'm certain there are better muffler systems.

Old 10-23-2007 | 08:22 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

anyway, get a sound clip up here!

Old 10-24-2007 | 08:54 AM
luvmydak
Veteran

Welcome aboard. Just to let you know, I had Meineke dump everything after the cats and went with a single in dual out Flowmaster SUV50 and then split out each side behind the wheels.

Old 10-24-2007 | 02:19 PM
pack154
|
Professional

ORIGINAL: luvmydak

Welcome aboard. Just to let you know, I had Meineke dump everything after the cats and went with a single in dual out Flowmaster SUV50 and then split out each side behind the wheels.
Thanks!

It does make a difference removing all stock prior to the cats. Do you get a lot of interior resonance with the dual outFlow 50?

Old 10-24-2007 | 03:13 PM
luvmydak
Veteran

No real impact with interior resonance. Able to have normal conversation without raising voices or playing sat. radio or a cd without blasting it. Never regretted doing it this way. Love the nice mellow rumble and no complaints from my neighbors. Be glad you don't live in Ca. The exhaust system swat team will come pounding/knocking down your door.

Quick Reply: Resonator