3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Q for those w/ 4x4 & the TM level kit.. (pix inside)

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Q for those w/ 4x4 & the TM level kit.. (pix inside)

I've actually taken mine in for warranty work and had the dealer warranty replace a blown front shock after I had the kit put on. Dealer knew it was on there, they installed it since I found the strut crossthreaded when I tried to put it in. (I let them snap it off and warranty me a new strut)

Old 11-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Damn Dirty Ape
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

interesting how dealers differ in their attitudes and opinions on service work in general. As far as I know, Moose and I are the only trx4 with the TM kit (unless I'm missing someone somewhere). According to him his shafts are angled like mine, which is a bit more than all of yours (I think).

How much did the dealer charge to install yours?

ORIGINAL: Altair

I've actually taken mine in for warranty work and had the dealer warranty replace a blown front shock after I had the kit put on. Dealer knew it was on there, they installed it since I found the strut crossthreaded when I tried to put it in. (I let them snap it off and warranty me a new strut)

Old 11-12-2007, 02:33 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

Well it was originally going to be $120 plus an alignment but as soon as they snapped a strut that became warranty work as did all the labor involved in changing it and they found the other one was blown so same applied there. I think it ended up being $60 which was the labor involved in putting in the TM kit beyond what would be required to replaced the struts and the needed alignment.

The first time I went to my dealer about a brake issue they informed me that the rotors were slightly warped but Dodge warranty only covers brakes up to 12'000 miles. I gave them very poor marks on the satisfaction survey afterwards. The next time I was in for something the shop manager actually came out to talk to me, he asked me why I had given them poor marks and what they could do to improve that. He also explained to me how the surveys work and that in my case with the brakes there was nothing they could do since that was corporate policy and if he did the work Dodge would refuse to reimburse them. To be honest I felt pretty bad about giving them bad marks as I realize now my annoyance was with Dodge overall, the dealership treated me very nicely. Now that we seem to understand each other they've been great whenever I bring my truck in, he's straight with me about stuff. He knows I won't flip out if there's nothing he can do because he tells me everything that's going on up front and I know if he can get my problem fixed under warranty he'll do whatever he can to make it happen. I don't expect them to pay out of pocket for something Dodge won't cover or reimburse them for.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:48 PM
moosehunter
Professional

Same here the dealler did few minor stuff and knows about the TM kit and never said anything. I woulodn't puch it with an issue that could be level kit related to bring it to the shop with the kit on.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:38 PM
nowick
Professional

I have trx4 had leveling kit when the front wheels were completely off the ground had binding issues wheels would not spin at all. removed it asap. wheels turn free just pissed i wasted money on the allignment twice, cost more than the damn kit. oh well live and learn.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

ORIGINAL: nowick

I have trx4 had leveling kit when the front wheels were completely off the ground had binding issues wheels would not spin at all. removed it asap. wheels turn free just pissed i wasted money on the allignment twice, cost more than the damn kit. oh well live and learn.
Which kit did you have nowick? If it was the TM kit was it installed above the strut or inside it?

Old 11-12-2007, 10:12 PM
nowick
Professional

it went on top of the strut i think it was a truxx. the website says it works with4x4 but it didnt bought it off this site dont want to mention any names but he ripped me off.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:17 PM
Damn Dirty Ape
Professional

ORIGINAL: nowick

it went on top of the strut i think it was a truxx. the website says it works with4x4 but it didnt bought it off this site dont want to mention any names but he ripped me off.
Have you thought about trying the TM kit at all? Just curious if you measured your front end rise with that truxx kit by chance?

Old 11-13-2007, 06:04 AM
moosehunter
Professional

My mecanic told me to stay as far away as I could of the Truxx Kit... He said that the TM kit wasn't that bad!

Old 11-15-2007, 10:08 PM
bearkat

The TRX4 1 inch extra ride height is only on the back wheels, the front is the same. A little decieving in their ads but it is what it is. Therefore the rake is more noticable on the TRX until you install a leveling kit. Alan

Quick Reply: Q for those w/ 4x4 & the TM level kit.. (pix inside)