3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Ok fianlly decided on the two intakes now i need help between these two? =]

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 03:52 AM
JAB02LHS
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ok fianlly decided on the two intakes now i need help between these two? =]

ORIGINAL: Frenchy
The AirRaid is a nice kit, but I've known the name K&N for longer, so naturally, I chose it.
I've known my ex-wife's name longer, so naturally,
NO-way!

Old 11-25-2007, 04:03 AM
Night_Runner
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ok fianlly decided on the two intakes now i need help between these two? =]

ORIGINAL: JAB02LHS

ORIGINAL: Frenchy
The AirRaid is a nice kit, but I've known the name K&N for longer, so naturally, I chose it.
I've known my ex-wife's name longer, so naturally,
NO-way!
ive known her name longer too, thats why i went with her when it came time to blow on my engine. did i mention the buy one get one free cupon i had?

ohhhhhhhhhh!!!

edit
im actually kinda sorry, i feel bad about that one..

Old 11-25-2007, 08:54 AM
JAB02LHS
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Night_Runner

im actually kinda sorry, i feel bad about that one..
No you don't!
Did you have to take a number? [sm=signs003.gif]

Old 11-25-2007, 02:05 PM
02wrangler
Professional

I'd go with the K&N, I've always used K&N and never had any problems, I'm getting the FIPK in a few weeks for my dak, I already have one in my durango and I like it.

Old 11-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Racinartist
All Star

I put an Airraid on my 05 4.7 and man does it ever howl when you stomp the pedal. There was a definite difference in power, even though I already had a K&N flat filter in my stock air box. I would recommend it to anyone but I don't really see much difference in either theirs or a K&N. Well, other than price. [8D]

Old 11-25-2007, 08:54 PM
snipingdude
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Hmm thanks alot for your input guys i appreciate it =]

Old 11-25-2007, 10:48 PM
Bigbrother

K&N 63 series Aircharger here. Didn't notice much difference to start off with. Took a couple hundred miles, but I notice a big difference now. Worth the money.

Old 11-26-2007, 12:50 PM
RMUDBUGS
Professional

Whats wrong with the AEM. I have the AEM Brute Force and love it. Sounds great, easy install and you don't have to oil the filter. As for the metal tubes, the air is not in there long enough to warm up.

Old 11-26-2007, 03:45 PM
4x4QC06V8DKTA
Veteran

I went with the Injen intake. www.stillen.com the only place that has it in stock. and it sounds great...makes the motor sound more alive and kicken...but i got my truck dynoed stock and it was at 187 at the wheels...got the exhaust (flowmaster 40 series) coming right before the passenger rear tire i was at 192 at the wheels...next i did the (Injen w/MR technology) intake then i was at 198 at the wheels then i replaced the F&R differential fluids with (Royal Purple 75W-140 Synthetic) and the transmission and Transfer Case (Royal Purple Max ATF) and new Radiator Fluid (courtesy of MOPAR) and added Royal purple ICE additive in the radiator and got it dynoed yesterday at my buddies shop i'm a whoping 205 at the wheels...yay finally getting close to that magical number of 230 that dodge told me it had when i bought it...yeah right...lol

next will be...
Gibson 14Gaugenickel chrome plated Headers
Stillen Drilled Rotors and Stillen Brake Pads
The FastMan Throttle Body 68.5
Jet Chip stage 1...
I'm not using premium fuel in my truck sorry but thats just to expensive and i'm not wasting that kinda money for 5 more horsepower.

Maybe i won't even get the chip...probably not so yeah

So i'm hopeing with the headers and Throttle Body i can get up to maybe 215-218hp at the Wheels. Then i would be happy and satisfied for a while

Old 11-26-2007, 04:15 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

How much do dyno runs cost on average?

Quick Reply: Ok fianlly decided on the two intakes now i need help between these two? =]