3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

**RUMMOR**

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 07:52 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: **RUMMOR**

ORIGINAL: ericemery

shots are for sissys... I drink the good ol redbull and vodka... redbull for a slight bit of color...
I have bad memories of redbull and vodka... probably because we had to finish off a bottle of smirnoff green apple my friend's gf made him buy then barely drank any of... flavored vodka sucks.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:14 PM
Frenchy
Banned

No, Jager and Monster Assault...

My lady friend and I hit up the bars the other night, and I asked for a Jager Bomb, he brought me two, and I'm like, dude, I only wanted one, and he goes, alright, 4 dollars and the lady takes the other, and she shook her head nooooooo.... so I got two for one!

:-)

Old 11-28-2007, 08:19 PM
pro4x4
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's my 2 cents The new 4.7L V8 is being used in the ram that is a fact. The whole midsize truck market is hurting every manufacturer exept maybe toyota. They all want you to buy a silverado or the ram or the f150 and so on. How many tv commercials do you see just about the dakota? None at least here in philly pa. Chrysler is dumping the magnum, the pacifica, the pt cruiser convertable and one other model I can't remember. Read that in the paper. I think it would be a shame to dump the dakota. It has so much potential. It could really be a great truck if dodge would just sit down and put some effort into it.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:24 PM
Frenchy
Banned

Ya, the Tacoma I see on TV a lot, Dakotas, or any other midsize.. not.

The Dakota, has made a lot of nice upgrades, I will admit that.

But for pretty much the same, if not cheaper, price, as the Rams... a lot of buyers choose that over the Daks.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:28 PM
AdidasCJ
Veteran

The dak would be well worth it in the market again if they went back to were it came from with the biggest baddest 5.9 in a midsize! If they did something like that like they used to with the R/ts they would have a HELL of a shot at the top of midsize trucks again!

The so called R/Ts there saling now are a JOKE! 4.7HO that is WAY to far from the 5.9 the other gens had!

Old 11-29-2007, 07:55 AM
graythang
Record Breaker

Chrysler dropping four models from lineup, cutting jobs
Posted November 1 2007 01:36 PM by Mike Floyd
Filed under: Car News, Chrysler

Let the bloodletting begin. Chrysler LLC, fresh off of the recent ratification of its labor contract with the UAW, has announced cuts to its hourly and salaried workforce, along with the official announcement of the elimination of a number of models from its lineup.
The long-rumored model pruning has claimed the Dodge Magnum, Chrysler PT Cruiser convertible, Chrysler Pacifica and Chrysler Crossfire. According to the press release, the cuts were made to reflect Chrysler's "new customer-driven philosophy" and also in response to "dealer requests." The company is hoping the new Dodge Journey and Challenger, along with its new hybrid Durango and Aspen SUVs, will be better sellers.

• Get a Free Quote

• Find a Local Dealer
On the job-trimming side, Chrysler will cut as many as 10,000 hourly employees by the end of 2008 by eliminating shifts at five North American assembly plants and through other "volume-related manufacturing actions." The company's salaried employee force will take a 1,000 person reduction and contract employment will be trimmed by 37 percent. Overtime will also reportedly be eliminated.
While obviously very bad news for Chrysler employees, the moves make sense considering the dire financial and vehicle sales difficulties the company faces. Anyone out there lamenting the loss of any of the vehicles slated to be cut?
The likeliest models to go
Auto industry analysts predict the Chrysler Pacifica, Dodge Dakota,[/b] and Jeep Commander and Compass could face elimination. A company insider included those vehicles among a list of vehicles facing review. The source and another familiar with Chrysler's design pipeline also questioned the future of the Chrysler Sebring and Dodge Durango.
The Chrysler Sebring is being considered for a complete makeover, though if that is not feasible, the car will probably be eliminated, the company insider said.
Yet another person familiar with Cerberus' thinking said the private equity firm questions why Chrysler's lineup includes the Dodge Durango SUV, which has seen its U.S. sales slide 30% this year.
A Cerberus spokesman did not respond to an inquiry regarding this story.
The number of eliminations "could go higher in the sense that products as we know them today, but something will take their place, just not a direct next-generation replacement," analyst Catherine Madden of Global Insight said.
The Durango is built at the Newark, Del., assembly plant, which will be closed in 2009.
"I think the Durango is dead in the water. I won't order a Durango anymore. I told my guys don't ever order another Durango," said Carl Galeana of Galeana Automotive Group, which includes Van Dyke Dodge in Warren.
The UAW's summary of the tentative labor agreement with Chrysler says the automaker's next generation crossover will be built at the Jefferson North Assembly Plant in Detroit, where the Jeep Grand Cherokee and Jeep Commander are currently made.
The idea of fewer Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep nameplates in North America was first hinted at in February when then-CEO Tom LaSorda unveiled the company's plan to stop losses. The plan called for avoiding nameplate redundancies.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:52 AM
graythang
Record Breaker

Yep my feelings too. Dodge is a truck company in many ways to the buying public. A mid size will more than likely will always be there in the offerings. The Dak. is at its name sake end. I hate to see it go but they need to get the excitement back in a whole new package for the times. Can we say Dakcoma? Take the best of what people want and what resources are to be had and build a truck that makes sense. I believe that the Daimler rain had a strange influence on the products offered and some became tough sells.