3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

I NEED EVERYONES HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 08:42 PM
Bigboywithav8
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I NEED EVERYONES HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!

k thanx for the advice ill try it this weekend if its not cold to do it on the truck and the tail gate is going to have to wait till it gets painted ill post pic of how they keyd it and how the truck looks after the clay treatment

Old 11-30-2007, 12:57 AM
tuffone20
Professional

Man that's sucks big time! Your friends giving you a great deal so be sure to take care of him. Today I was detailing my truck and found that some SOB had placed something on the rear of my hard cover and put some small scratehes in it!!!! I worked on it and got most of it out and would have gotten it all out but I wanted to do the rest of the truck before it got to dark to see what I was doing.
And you can hardly seethem now.
I hate people that don't give a sh it about other peoples stuff and do things like this.....

Old 11-30-2007, 02:12 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

ORIGINAL: Bigboywithav8

k thanx for the advice ill try it this weekend if its not cold to do it on the truck and the tail gate is going to have to wait till it gets painted ill post pic of how they keyd it and how the truck looks after the clay treatment
go buy the mothers or meguiars clay bar kit, and get some extra quick detail spray. they amout of quick detail spray in the kit wont be enough for your truck. keep the area quite lubricated. if at anytime the clay doesnt feel like your sliding ice on your car (ie it starts sticking) then you need to add more quick detail. im telling you though, to do your whole truck will take a while. when my gf just got her jetta (well before she even knew about it, i gave it a huge detail and got it looking like new) and i spent about 5-6 hours just claybaring it. i didnt really stop for more than a minute here and there, and a 30 min lunch. im a perfectionist though when it comes to that, and i went thru 2 bars. which reminds me. before you start, cut your bar in half. if you drop it on the ground, it is toast. just trash it and use the other half. if one side starts to get pretty dirty from claying, mess with it like its playdoh for a minute and start with a fresh (or at least cleaner) part of the bar.

also, do this in a garage and try to keep the body pannels of the vehicle cool and out of the sun while doing this (not out in 100 degree weather)

Old 11-30-2007, 10:20 AM
Bigboywithav8

I can get this things just about anywre right like auto zone pep boys or are they special order

Old 11-30-2007, 10:25 AM
tuffone20
Professional

Yeah and I have even seen it at Walmarts, stuff is great and easy to work with. You can go to Meguiars web site and they have a "how to" on their site for it.

http://meguiarsonline.com/

Old 12-01-2007, 08:57 PM
JAB02LHS
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Night_Runner

you see, clay bars take out all the small debris out of the paint, even stuff we cannot see. when done, all this debris is out, and you will notice a huge differance in how good your paint looks. a trick when claybaring, to get an even amount of debris out is to feel for how much debris is there after you do a section. the thing is, you cant feel it with your naked hand. the area should already be quite moist from doing the section, now, take a plastic bag, put your hand in it, and run your hand across the wet section. you will be able to feel just how much debris is in your paint. now you can decide whether you should keep working that area or move on to the next
[sm=smiley35.gif]If I can't see it or feel it
I'm sure not gonna worry about it![sm=pimp.gif]

Old 12-01-2007, 10:28 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

ORIGINAL: JAB02LHS

ORIGINAL: Night_Runner

you see, clay bars take out all the small debris out of the paint, even stuff we cannot see. when done, all this debris is out, and you will notice a huge differance in how good your paint looks. a trick when claybaring, to get an even amount of debris out is to feel for how much debris is there after you do a section. the thing is, you cant feel it with your naked hand. the area should already be quite moist from doing the section, now, take a plastic bag, put your hand in it, and run your hand across the wet section. you will be able to feel just how much debris is in your paint. now you can decide whether you should keep working that area or move on to the next
[sm=smiley35.gif]If I can't see it or feel it
I'm sure not gonna worry about it![sm=pimp.gif]
the thing is, you may not be able to see it or feel it with your bare hand, but once you clay your car, and clean her up, you will notice a hige differance in how good your paint looks and it will feel like glass. the average person minght not notice much of a differance, but thats probably because they dont care or dont look into detail

if you were but some rubber gloves on and run your hand across your paint and then the paint of a freshly clayed car, you would change your mind. and people wonder why they cant get their car looking show car good. and some people think they can get theirs show car good, but skip this step and might not do so well. with a clayed car the paint can look much deeper and cleaner. all those little things that you cant see are very small pieces of debris be it dirt, asphault, ect and so on. your paint will last longer and look better if it has no impurities then if it contains impurities. but what do i know, my car is never featured in calendars, parades, and your right, its probably not going to be featured in domestic driver magazine in a few months. it also never wins trophies at shows, let alone 3 in 1 show and ive never beaten a ferrari in a show, but maybe you can show me how to do all of these things and how to use proper detailing steps?

btw guys, i got a calendar today in which contains my hawk

edit
sorry about some of my misspelled words if i have any. during jujitsu i either tore a ligament in my middle finger or i ripped my tendon and have a splint on my finger till i can get an mri on it to see which one it is before they cut me open to go in to fix it or w/e their gunna do

Quick Reply: I NEED EVERYONES HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!