3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

I NEED EVERYONES HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 10:44 PM
Bigboywithav8
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I NEED EVERYONES HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!

OK so the wife just made it to my house she comes in screaming asking what had happend to my truck I said nothing she told me to come outside well it seems that when i went to the mall to droppe mywife
some food for her break some one keyd my truck can some one plz help by tellimg me what i can do to remove all those scratches the thrashed my tailgate i wish i would of been there to see it they would of ................................... some one plz help

Old 11-28-2007, 10:54 PM
AdidasCJ
Veteran
Default RE: I NEED EVERYONES HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW i had to read you post twice... When you said your wife came in and that you were taking your GF food...

Depends how deep they went... Some times the light serface ones can buff out. others will need paint

**EDIT** wait you did type that!!!!! LOL WOW.... How you explaing that one to the wife... "oh yea i was at the mall taking my new GF some food..."

Old 11-28-2007, 10:58 PM
Bigboywithav8

k sorry i fixed it i was just so mad i was not reading what i was typing but i think its going to have to get painted taht sucks i just had that tail gate put in not even 2 moths and now i have to get it painted i hate how people dont know how to respect other peoples stuff this sh@#! cost money man.............

Old 11-28-2007, 11:00 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it's deep you will need new paint for sure. I would have a body guy you trust look at it, worst case you can claim insurance if you have comprehensive.

Old 11-28-2007, 11:00 PM
AdidasCJ
Veteran

thats why i dont goto malls! to many jr high and high school mall rats running around

Old 11-28-2007, 11:03 PM
Bigboywithav8

i dont go to them either if i do i take the wifes car so my truck dont get messed with well like to moths ago i back up into a short pole and had to claim insurance on it and my insureance went up the roof and now this man

Old 11-28-2007, 11:50 PM
JAB02LHS
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had someone key a huge tic tac toe on the hood of my last truck. I took it to a detailer and he buffed almost all of it out!

Old 11-29-2007, 08:27 AM
Antjmar
Rookie

That really sucks It hopefully shouldnt cost too much to repaint since I think you can just give them the tailgate and have them paint it without all the "masking" of the rest of the car.
BTW by any chance did you talk to mall security? Sometimes they have cameras which videotape. They probably wont find him but cant hurt to ask.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:40 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

go back to the dealer and have them take a look at. they must have some type of secret rubbing compond that will remove it. if not go back to the dealer at night and swap out tail gates.

Quick Reply: I NEED EVERYONES HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!