3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Head Light Bulb Replacement Options

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 11:20 PM
vandutton
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Head Light Bulb Replacement Options

I can't lift mine up... if anything, I need to aim them down a little because all my friends that end up in front of me complain about not being able to see cause my truck sits so high.

Old 12-01-2007, 03:22 AM
ChadJK

I put Silvania Silverstar H13s in mine. I really like the look of them and the change in color temperature better matches my Jetta which has Xenon HIDs, so it's what I'm use to seeing. Unfortunately, now the fog lights don't match the headlights in color temp, so I'll be heading back to the store to replace those with Silverstars as well. Differences like that just annoy me.

Personally, the hassle of a putting a proper HID system in my Dakota just really isn't worth it. The H13s are a brighter more efficient lamp and couple that with the whiter color temp of the Silverstars, it's more than bright enough.

Old 12-01-2007, 03:50 AM
jimboscomp
All Star

yeah, just a personal preference. I preferred the true look of HIDs, and they really light up things, especially now that i have the HID kit in my fog lights. But yeah sometimes it can be a hassle, because i have to turn on my lights prior to starting the truck and let them fully charge up or else it'll trip the computer wrong and they'll flicker like strobe lights. But i don't mind!

Old 12-01-2007, 12:25 PM
QCDAKblue
Veteran

I have the true HID in my 330ci which I love, but and really happy with the silverstars in the truck. I have no complaints with them, just put them in both the headlight and fog lights so everything matches.

Old 12-01-2007, 03:16 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jimboscomp

yeah, just a personal preference. I preferred the true look of HIDs, and they really light up things, especially now that i have the HID kit in my fog lights. But yeah sometimes it can be a hassle, because i have to turn on my lights prior to starting the truck and let them fully charge up or else it'll trip the computer wrong and they'll flicker like strobe lights. But i don't mind!
Sounds to me like your kit either didn't come with ignitors or they gave you some really crappy ballasts

Old 12-01-2007, 03:38 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

i was planning on gettin some hids for the holidays/my birthday. kinda glad dad wanted to get me something i could use more. like tires. bc now im finally getting the leveling kit!

Old 12-01-2007, 10:42 PM
jimboscomp
All Star

ORIGINAL: Altair

ORIGINAL: jimboscomp

Sounds to me like your kit either didn't come with ignitors or they gave you some really crappy ballasts
lol no i have a really nice kit...i only have to wait say 10 seconds for them to full charge...no diffeent than waiting for the glow plugs on a diesel yeah? haha

Quick Reply: Head Light Bulb Replacement Options