3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

snow

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007 | 01:00 AM
trucky
Record Breaker
Default RE: snow

How dare you discredit my post... I've done a lot with a rear wheel drive infiniti in the snow before... fact is having a 4x4 truck is much better and easier and safer. l33t usin SOB...

Old 12-05-2007 | 01:58 PM
4x4QC06V8DKTA
Veteran

i don't have any problems in the snow with my stock rubber and honestly i went to new york last winter and it did perfectly fine in 6in. of snow in 2WD the only time i had to Use 4WD was getting out of a parking spot and thats about it...and i haven't put anything in my bed to weight it down at all...i don't see the need too!

Old 12-05-2007 | 03:07 PM
sdsdsd
Captain

Never put anything in my truck bed traction is fine !

Old 12-05-2007 | 03:12 PM
flamered06
Rookie

bkjtimp--

Can you post a review of the Grabber AT2's on snow once you try them? I'm considering a set of Grabber AT2's as well.

Old 12-05-2007 | 04:47 PM
Blu_Dak
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Frenchy

Dude, 2wd and knowing what the heck you are doing, works perfect, as well.
Yup it works in some aplicationsl,but not great all conditions.
I got tierd of dealing with it so I bought a 4X4..........

Blu_

Old 12-05-2007 | 05:05 PM
Lil Blue322
Veteran

it does pretty good in lite snow, but not so good wit a couple of inches or wet leaves [sm=smiley13.gif], at that point the ram gets driven around, dont wana risk it for the blue dak, only a 2wd neways

Old 12-05-2007 | 05:11 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

ORIGINAL: 4x4QC06V8DKTA

i don't have any problems in the snow with my stock rubber and honestly i went to new york last winter and it did perfectly fine in 6in. of snow in 2WD the only time i had to Use 4WD was getting out of a parking spot and thats about it...and i haven't put anything in my bed to weight it down at all...i don't see the need too!
Which tires came on yours?

Old 12-06-2007 | 01:30 AM
Growlor
Professional

Well, we finally got our first real snow here in Toledo, OH last night. It is just so nice to be able to throw it in 4 wheel drive and not have any issues with getting started (the main streets are pretty easy, but my street must be the last one done in the whole city.)
One thing I always keep in mind though: I am a pretty old geezer for this board (40 this year) so most of you "young whipper snappers" probably don't even know what a Datsun b210 is, but try to picture an itty-bitty 2 door hatchback with an underpowered engine, a rubber-band level transmission and rear-wheel drive too. Well, this is the vehicle my dad had when I was in high-school and being dirt-poor we didn't have money for real tire-chains, so we used to strap-on these funky little 1 inch wide-things that clamped over the wheel and gave it a little boost of traction once every rotation. On top of this we didn't have enough money to replace the tires until they were REALLY bald, so whenever it snowed in northern California (fortunetly not all that often at our elevation) we really struggled to get going. However as bad off as we were,we never got stuck so bad we couldn't go where we needed and often got alot further than most of the suped-up 4WD vehicles who would whiz by us on the highway only to embed themselves in the snow at the next big curve. My dad's favorite quote for this was "they can go faster than me, but they can't stop any faster than me." Until the advent of anti-lock brakes, this was very true.
So, the above is my long-winded way (us oldsters tend to ramble you know) of saying "have fun with your 4x4 Daks, but watch that stopping distance in our heavy trucks."

Growlor

Old 12-06-2007 | 10:25 AM
4x4QC06V8DKTA
Veteran

Which tires came on yours?
what the stock Wrangler tires...they do me perfectly well and surprisingly have good tread wear life!

Quick Reply: snow