3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Dealer broke part on truck, didn't tell me.. Advice?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007 | 11:29 AM
Damn Dirty Ape
|
Professional
Default RE: Dealer broke part on truck, didn't tell me.. Advice?

Met with the service manager privately. Explained my concerns (he was gone yesterday). He went out and looked at the link, agreed it does not match the factory one on the LF. I told him that I saw the tech talking to the parts mgr about the link and what he said. He says he will get to the bottom of it and call me back today. He agreed that I should have been told that it happened. I told him also about seeing the paperwork that listed 'shock, link replaced'.

Of course he said "it's possible that the link was always on your truck, you just now noticed it, but I will check into this and get back with you'.

UPDATE: Service managerjust called me back and said it was 'a lack of communication between the tech/service writer, etc' and that the part I have is interchangeable (same measurements!!!!!!!). But that they have ordered the replacement part and will get it put on as quick as they can get it in.

He did apologize, but still bothers me that the service writer DID know. They didn't count on me seeing it and calling them on it.

Old 12-06-2007 | 11:51 AM
Destructicon
Rookie

Well at least you got some positive feedback, and maybe a hint at a few answers.

Old 12-06-2007 | 04:47 PM
4x4QC06V8DKTA
Veteran

Yeah I can tell you right now from my point of View that Cop out of "it was a miss-communication" is Bull****...the Advisor and tech were hoping you saw and heard nothing and would just continue to drive it and would have to come back because of a noise and have it paid out of your pocket or possibley WARRANTY pay for it. so yeah thats a load of BS Now i can see why people hate dealerships so much...but i've never had this problem myself cause i am the manager of my service lane... lol so just giving you some of my own perspective on the situation

Old 12-06-2007 | 05:36 PM
Destructicon
Rookie

****.... knowing that now, you just doomed yourself to an *** load of questions from me when something eventually goes wrong on my truck!!

Hahahaaa [sm=guilty.gif]

Old 12-06-2007 | 05:40 PM
Damn Dirty Ape
|
Professional

agreed 100%

The service writer DID know as he saw the papers where the tech put the notes. Cop-out exactly. Svc mgr couldn't apologize enough. I was planning on going higher and higher with it should he have called back and said 'bud, that was like that, the tech was wondering why it was there in the first place"

The tech did fess up to the svr mgr that it was broken and he 'used a link they had there in the shop that *measured* up to the old one". On the paperwork the writer had, they DID invoice 60.00 for a link, plus $1xx for a new shock.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.

Anyway, I would like to have had an offer of something besides just 'getting the part that matches' as they put it. Of course the tech was 'most concerned about getting you back out on the road and thought nothing of it'.

It was NOT from an 05-07 Dak. I think it was a later-model Ram 1500, at least it looked like a part I managed to find a pic of later last night.

I STILL think they should align the front end after replacing a shock and stabilizer link. Svc mgr says 'not needed'.

ORIGINAL: 4x4QC06V8DKTA

Yeah I can tell you right now from my point of View that Cop out of "it was a miss-communication" is Bull****...the Advisor and tech were hoping you saw and heard nothing and would just continue to drive it and would have to come back because of a noise and have it paid out of your pocket or possibley WARRANTY pay for it. so yeah thats a load of BS Now i can see why people hate dealerships so much...but i've never had this problem myself cause i am the manager of my service lane... lol so just giving you some of my own perspective on the situation

Old 12-06-2007 | 06:42 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

My dealer performed an alignment both times they had to replace shocks under warranty.

Quick Reply: Dealer broke part on truck, didn't tell me.. Advice?