3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

WARRANTY!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 02:07 PM
importkiller76
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARRANTY!!!!!

Was out hunting yesterdaay, and on the way home suddenlly my truck started to go bazzerk. All of my warning lights went on at the same time, my heated seats cut out, none of the windows worked (one was rolled down at the time), almost everything quit. Even the speedo got stuck at 60km. I know that it's most likely something in the computer that was going wacko, but does anyone know what happened? Has this happened to anyone else?? After a long, cold, maddening ride home, I shut the truck off and started it a little while later, and managed to get the window up, but when I went to start it again this morning, nothing worked until the truck warmed up.It's been about -25 celcius herefor the last couple days andI thought maybe the Dak didn't like the cold, but then again this is my second winter with the truck and itdidn't happen last winter...Ever sinceI got smacked by that chic doin doughnuts in the parkin lot it's never been the same[:@][:@]. WARRANTY work here I come!!!

Old 12-09-2007, 02:36 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: WARRANTY!!!!!

sounds like some type of moisture got into the system. or when the truck was smaked it freaded the hosing around some wires and they are shorting out against the frame. may need to inspect the wiring harness through out the truck. or simply remove the neg. batery cable over night to let the computer reset it self .

Old 12-09-2007, 04:54 PM
4x4QC06V8DKTA
Veteran

sounds like some type of moisture got into the system. or when the truck was smaked it freaded the hosing around some wires and they are shorting out against the frame. may need to inspect the wiring harness through out the truck. or simply remove the neg. batery cable over night to let the computer reset it self .
yeah and if the problem was cause by vehicle accident damage then warranty doesn't cover it...just like i've seen some people to where rats and mice and w/e else have chewed into wiring harnesses and then they have to pay for it...so good luck man

Old 12-09-2007, 05:01 PM
importkiller76
Veteran

yeah and if the problem was cause by vehicle accident damage then warranty doesn't cover it...just like i've seen some people to where rats and mice and w/e else have chewed into wiring harnesses and then they have to pay for it...so good luck man
Yea, geeze I never even thought of that, I didn't have to pay anything when my truck got smacked since it wasn't my fault the girl's insurance just kicked in. Hopefully it's not from the accident, but I can't see why it would be, I've had my truck back from the shop for a good solid two months and the computer has been exposed to water and cold after that...hell it's been below freezing and snowy here for at least a month. But anyways thanks for the advice guys.

Old 12-09-2007, 06:28 PM
importkiller76
Veteran

Yea for sure, won't be able to take the truck in tomorrow since I have TWO finals, but Tuesday i'm gonna bring it in, and what makes me think computer is that in addition to all of the troubles listed above, it was reving itself when I was stopped at an intersection. It would rev itself up to 2 grand over and over. Last time that happened to me I ended up replacing the computer...although that was a chevy

Old 12-09-2007, 07:59 PM
graythang
Record Breaker

They will do a body ground test using the scan tool. This will pin point the area of the fault. I just hop it still messing up when you bring it in if you know what I mean.

Old 12-10-2007, 06:28 AM
vandutton
Rookie

Holy crap man, -25 C?!?! That's rediculous. I start cussing when it hits 30 F here (ok, actually i start griping about 40 F). Where the heck are you? And yes, the extreme cold could be causing problems.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:38 AM
Racinartist
All Star

15 belowfahrenheit? And in December no less???? No thank you!!!

Old 12-10-2007, 09:29 AM
importkiller76
Veteran

lol ooo come on guys that's pretty normal, i'm in Saskatchewan, Canada here, and it's been a lot colder than that already this year. A couple weeks ago, it was -35 celcius and windy pretty much the whole week. Trust me you get used to it. lol

Quick Reply: WARRANTY!!!!!