3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Let the modding begin!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 02:14 PM
Cadillac15
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let the modding begin!!

Well, I know Im new to these forums and you guys probably dont want to hear about all my exploits, but im gonna give you my background and everything anyways because Im gonna be around a while. So, here's the skinny on me:

My name is Ben, Im a member of the US Army and am currently stationed in Wisconsin. I just got back from Iraq a couple months ago (I was stationed out of Scania just south of Baghdad). When I got home and got stationed in Wisconsin I needed a new vehicle because my Grand Prix had too many miles for the 1000 mile trip home to NY every time I wanted to go home so I bought a 2005 Dodge Dakota SLT Quad Cab, 4x4, White, V6, 24,000 miles. I got the V6 because I got it at a great price and it was all they had. At the time I thought also that it would save on gas mileage, but I do pretty good (about 20-22 on the highway). Shortly after buying the truck I put the TM 2" leveling kit on (it needed it bad), Chrome Nerf Bars by Trail FX, A Custom soft Tonneau cover done by JR Upholstry in NY, and Infinity speakers. I just ordered Westin Chrome Bull bars for the front, K&N 77 series CAI, and Flowmaster Exhaust. I plan on sorta being a pioneer in the V6 Dakota Modding (If possible) and taking my truck to a new level. I am a moderator at a forum www.fullthrottlev6.com which is mainly V6 Camaros/Firebirds, Grand Prixs, and Monte Carlos, but it's a good site. Ill be coming to you guys with a lot of questions because this is my first real truck. You can check out my truck at my Fquick (which Fquick was started by one of the FTV6 guys) at www.fquick.com/SoldierMedic . Thanks guys and I look forward to learning from you all.

Old 12-10-2007, 03:38 PM
4x4QC06V8DKTA
Veteran
Default RE: Let the modding begin!!

throttle body, headers, Jet chip, electric Fan. bam get er done

Old 12-10-2007, 04:35 PM
vandutton
Rookie

... no headers for the 3.7

Old 12-10-2007, 05:32 PM
Cadillac15
Professional

yeah, I emailed Pacesetter to see if they're in development. I might end up having to go out and find a company to make them for me for uber expensive :-\ hopefully someone will start making themsoon

Old 12-10-2007, 07:10 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

wow, just read this and i like the part about you being a mod over with the fbodies. i have a 93 firehawk with 9k orig miles. its my baby. what a small world, 2 owners that have fbodies and a dakota. i like you already

edit
and btw, the creators of fquick are also on ls1tech.com....im a reg there also

edit 2
dude, go ***** out, get a "general" turbo kit from hennessey....also, if your wantin to be all performance ect, in many cases, flowmaster actually restricts flow more than the stock mufflers[8D]...so why did you decide flows? or even a chambered exhost for that matter?

Old 12-10-2007, 07:43 PM
Cadillac15
Professional

I went with the flows as a temporary for when im in Mississippi, Ill actually end up going witha complete custom exhaust setup once I get back in march. And then once my warranty gets closer to being out Ill start looking more into the turbo setup.

Edit: Out of curiousity, Why does the flowmaster Restrict with this and what could be done to open it up more? Its the 50 series muffler. Also what other exhaust things should be done immediately on the Dakotas?

Old 12-10-2007, 08:04 PM
Cadillac15
Professional

I dont think anyone was trying to recruit, just merely stating that that is where I started my modding on cars?

Old 12-10-2007, 08:26 PM
keachers
Professional

where in ny you from?? im stationed at drum and i hate every second of it but ohh well

[/align]

Old 12-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Cadillac15
Professional

Im from just south of syracuse, (Marathon/Cortland). but im stationed in Wisconsin Right now (Ft McCoy)

Quick Reply: Let the modding begin!!