3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Anywhere for a good audio system?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 11:06 PM
klings designs
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anywhere for a good audio system?

www.caraudioexpert.com

Old 12-15-2007, 08:44 AM
snipingdude
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks alltair trucky and kilings for ur last posts, my only question now is for the plastic piece that covers where the ***** were. They probably a seperate buy right? Probably ask any caraudio store in my area about it then ? ^_^

Old 12-15-2007, 09:36 AM
PEPPERHEAD
Professional

Hey snipingdude,
Don't buy that particular Kenwood setup. You wil hate those speakers. Do you have the Infinity system? If you do you will have to bypass the factory amp. If the adapter for that is not available locally then buy from Crutchfields as they will include the bypass. Otherwise the options are endless. You can do an entire system for less than $1000 if you do the work yourself. Look to woofersetc.com for CDT component speakers for $99. Cadence Sounds outlet store for component speakers for $85. Millionbuy.com for a headunit, sub(s),and Profile amps to power it all. Just a couple possible options.
My system that was installed last year:
Kenwood KDC-MP532 w/amp bypass and dask kit from Crutchfields
Kicker 8"L5 from Sonixelectronics
Profile AP600, AP700M, Phoenix Gold ZR6.5 from Millionbuy
Home built sub box
Amp kit

All done for around $700.

Good luck

Old 12-15-2007, 02:14 PM
snipingdude
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Hey man..thanks alot, Ill be looking into that, and the setup you have. It sounds pretty good ^_^. And also, I do buy the plastic things to cover the gaps from the knobsseperately right?

Old 12-17-2007, 01:38 AM
trucky
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to make you wait dude, I thought some one else would have answered that for you. You gotta find a place that carries the dodge dakota cover like best buy had it for me but circuit city didn't...best to just call their audio depts. and ask ahead. like 12 bucks!

Old 12-17-2007, 02:04 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

for the head unit id go with either alpine or eclipse. both are top notch, and i wouldnt care to look at anyone else. thats me though, and i have expensive taste.

i love the look of my dash. i like the flow of the stock unit in my console. for that reason, i would not like to get a new head unit. i have thought about this though, which will give me performance of a new headunit without destroying the stock looks. sound processors. they take the sound from the head unit and clarify and improve the sound before distributing them to the speakers. anyone do this...btw, here is a pic of my interior

DSC01466-1.jpg

Old 12-17-2007, 04:18 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're good with fiberglass or know someone who is you can also modify the center dash piece to fit the receiver and paint it. Frenchy did it on his, here's a picture of it (that I stole from his gallery):

Drew have you considered doing that and just painting it gloss black? You'd keep much the same look and be able to use a nice Alpine or Eclipse HU.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:43 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

ORIGINAL: Altair

If you're good with fiberglass or know someone who is you can also modify the center dash piece to fit the receiver and paint it. Frenchy did it on his, here's a picture of it (that I stole from his gallery):

Drew have you considered doing that and just painting it gloss black? You'd keep much the same look and be able to use a nice Alpine or Eclipse HU.
thats actually a good idea. im not really concerned with the audio in my truck too much, like i was in my ram. i still plan on sound deadening it and replacing the speakers. only way i would purchase a sub is if JL came out with a stealthbox for our trucks. regardless the size, i would purchase it. i dont want a lot of bass, but something nice, soft, and clean would be preferred. like i said, JL or go home. but i keep putting all that off because its not a big concern of mine. however, as i am starting to finish up the other stuff, i am slowly starting to run out of reasons not to do the audio. i would end up doing all that before i would consider getting a head unit. i do really like the idea of glassing it, that looks real good french man. if i did get a HU, i would prob wait a while and go all out, dvd/gps...but idk if i will even do it. its on the fence, put at the bottom of my list which is getting smaller and smaller

Quick Reply: Anywhere for a good audio system?