3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Door Panel Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 08:51 AM
Cadillac15
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Panel Question

Ok, this is gonna sound really stupid, but Im working on installing my new speakers, and I can get the door panel off and all, have the brackets and everything, but I dont wanna break something, and Im having trouble removing the metal rod thats connected to the door handle. Do I just pull it up and out with a lot of force, is there a clip holding it in, or what?

Old 12-15-2007, 11:59 AM
herkguy
Veteran
Default RE: Door Panel Question

the rod connects to the handle with a plastic clip. To separate the two you just move the clip 90 degreesand the rod can then be popped out. You will see the opening on the plastic clip where it snaps over the rod, that is the area that you push away from the rod. When you reassemble you just set the rod in the clip hole and snap the plastic back over the rod. It should not take alot of effort to separate them.

Old 12-15-2007, 01:03 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

also disconnect the electrical for the power windows and loocks, this will enable you to move the panel around to get better access to the rod. remember when replacing the panel that the little plastic nipple at the top near the side view mirror has to go in also or the panel will stick out at the top

Old 12-15-2007, 01:29 PM
Cadillac15
Professional

mother effer, putting that door panel on alone is a bitch. Anyways. I replaced my driver door speaker, and they sold me the wrong bracket and harnes (yay for best buy) so I just spliced everything in and jerry rigged something up for the bracket, lol. I just needed something for the long drive home. Anywayssssss. thanks for the help guys

Quick Reply: Door Panel Question