3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

JET low temp problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 04:50 PM
kzguns
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JET low temp problem

I said this a couple posts ago if there is no air bleed in these replacement stats like the factory one you have to drill a small hole in the flange of the stat to let air pockets bleed off. you may get lucky and not get an air pocket sounds like you were unlucky. if you look at the old stat there is a little thing that looks like a loose rivet thats the air bleed just pull the stat out and confirm it's not in backwards and drill a small 1/16-1/8 hole in the same place the factory has the bleeder. the problem is your radiator is full but the block isn't.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:16 PM
pack154
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JET low temp problem

ORIGINAL: 05bluedak

Hey guys sorry for the really late response i had gone away the day after i installed everything and never got to repost again. After a while i rechecking everything i spent some time looking around the radiator to make sure the coolant was actually in there, i found a piece of the plastic coating or something not exactly sure towards the top of the radiator which was making it look like it was full but it clearly wasn't, hence the overheating. i put it back in place filled the radiator up properly and it works fine now. it took a while before i decided to check for any blockage in the radiator but that did the trick. the temperature definetely stays about 15 degrees cooler just like they promise.
also, i installed the Jet Chip, stage 2, into my truck and i definetly notice a good kick out of it. i saw someone else put a recent post that they had trouble with it, but mine worked perfectly. gas effeciency went down a little, but no more then i expected. i have a cat-back exhaust, fastman throttle body, K&N intake, and the 180 stat all with the chip definetly gives it some more pick up. Overall an easy install for the chip and good performance out of it. i'd say well worth the 200 bucks.
I noticed a nice increase in hp/tq when I first installed my Jet Chip Stage II along with the 180 t-stat. I no longer notice any power increases after driving around 1k miles. I guess it's true that the PCM overides the jet chip!!

Quick Reply: JET low temp problem