3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Night Runner Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Dusty
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Night Runner Headlights

Well I was going to order a set, but according to this they're going to charge my credit card $46 to ship....? What's the promo code?

Old 01-09-2008, 10:27 PM
V8MANual
Captain

The promo code is dodgeforum1
I don't know why it would be a secret if the guy wants to sell lights.
I thought I was one of the original five but my computer was down so I just ordered mine yesterday.

[IMG]local://upfiles/38406/BBDAABC3F8904F93BCA5BD80B44D206C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Racinartist
All Star

I thought you were one of the original 5 too. I dunno what happened there. But...there more the merrier!

It's not a secret I'm sure. He just set this deal up for me if I could get at least 5 people to order the lights. I would think he would like to be able to sell for full price rather than advertise a discount all over the place. Maybe it was wrong of me to think this way but that's why I didn't post the link and promo code openly on the forums. The guy is selling the lights to us at basically half of retail and about $70 bucks cheaper than his regular price. At 100 sets of headlights, than a LOT of coin out of his pocket.

Old 01-09-2008, 10:55 PM
Dusty
Professional

ORIGINAL: EDSHAM

The promo code is dodgeforum1
I don't know why it would be a secret if the guy wants to sell lights.
I thought I was one of the original five but my computer was down so I just ordered mine yesterday.

[IMG]local://upfiles/38406/BBDAABC3F8904F93BCA5BD80B44D206C.jpg[/IMG]
Thanks, and ordered.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:20 AM
Dak_in_Black
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Racinartist

The guy is selling the lights to us at basically half of retail and about $70 bucks cheaper than his regular price. At 100 sets of headlights, than a LOT of coin out of his pocket.
Well one of two things...either he has a lot of inventory that he needs to get rid of (which I doubt asmost internet-based businesses have inventoryelsewhere and it is dropped-shipped; thereby decreasing overhead operating costs) or he got a good deal on a bulk purchase.

Either way unless he is going out of business (which does not appear to be the case)I seriously doubt that he is losing that much money per set (bad business plan and all that...)

Old 01-10-2008, 09:13 AM
Racinartist
All Star

I don't think he's losing money either, which is why I didn't say that. I also just assumed that he bought a bulk at a good price. My point was just that I'm sure he'd PREFER to make that extra $70 a set profit than not. His standard price for a set was $220 plus like $20 shipping, and retail through Dodge or other distributors that I've found is $299 plus S&H.

I own my own business and seriously doubt that I would do something like this for my customers. Like selling something at 30% off just because they're buying 5 sets rather than just one. I might do 10 or 15%, but that's even pushing the limit.

So, at $80 per light rather than $110, and $10 lower shipping costs per set, he's not making approximately $70 a pop. That's a hell of a savings in my book, which is why I tried for over a month to get this deal set up.

All I know is I really appreciate him working with me to get this discount, and can't wait to get mine in and installed.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:53 AM
Dak_in_Black
Veteran

I ain't complaining either....

UPS has a delivery date of 1/15...

Old 01-11-2008, 02:44 PM
Dusty
Professional

Can't wait until mine get here! G/F is pissed, she was going to get me a set (for $100 or so more from someplace else) for my bday in a couple months. I told her look at the bright side, I got them cheaper!

Quick Reply: Night Runner Headlights