3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

snow sucks

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 08:25 PM
keachers
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default snow sucks

so ive had my licence now for around 8 years im 24 by the way, iver never gotten any vehicle ive driven stuck or in a ditch or anything like that till today. i was driving on a 20 mph road on ft drum ny and a huge buck was standing in the middle of that road, so i hit the brakes so i wouldnt hit the deer and my truck immediatly slid to the right. the outcome was my truck in a 4 ft deep ditch. took a tow truck and another truck to anchor the tow truck down so it wouldnt slide. and 75 bucks later it was out. Nothing was damaged not even a small piece of plastic. im suprised at how well the truck held up when i hit the snow bankin the ditch. i immediatly thought my front end was damaged or something was wrong but to my suprise nothing. just wanted to share my wonderful story to you guys. glad i didnt hit the deer though that would have messed my truck up pretty bad and ohh yeah i was only going 35 on that road

[/align]

Old 01-02-2008, 09:46 PM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker
Default RE: snow sucks

well im glad to hear you didnt get f-ed up urself....... could have gotten really hurt, but on the bright side your ok and the dak is in perfect shape 75 bucks or new truck id rather pay 75 lol i want snow in jersey, send me some down here~!

Old 01-03-2008, 07:22 PM
herkguy
Veteran

4 wheel ABS rocks.......................

Old 01-03-2008, 07:25 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

i hate ABS really, but it definetly helps keep you from sliding in the snow and yes send some of that snow down to jersey NOW i expect to be here in the morning when i wake up

Old 01-03-2008, 07:50 PM
4x4QC06V8DKTA
Veteran

HMM....yeah well i wouldn't have jammed on the brakes just turned around the deer...but thats me...lived in alaska for a stretch...so learned how to drive around in the snow and also around wild animals in the road!

Old 01-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hrmmm, I dunno, you may have been driving on dry roads, with snow on the edges, and a fake deer in the road, cuz I'll tell ya what, 21 years of watching my parents, and 5 years of myself driving, just want to inform you, that deer DON'T just stay still, they move, and that just maneuvering around said deer, won't work at 35mph...

Just to let you know...

Old 01-04-2008, 08:49 AM
importkiller76
Veteran

Well I've lived in Saskatchewan all my life, and have been driving for 5 years now, and once you know how to drive in snow and avoid those pesky animals on the road it doesn't seem so bad...In fact winter is my favorite time of year!!!

Old 01-04-2008, 10:14 PM
keachers
Professional

winters my favorite too. and i know deer run but when you are cresting a hill and i saw him and kinda freaked out for a second. ive drove my whole life in the snow and this was the first time aything like this has ever happened. im just glad i didnt break anything. maye next time i will be more careful

[/align]

Old 01-04-2008, 10:23 PM
JAB02LHS
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Frenchy

Hrmmm, I dunno, you may have been driving on dry roads, with snow on the edges, and a fake deer in the road, cuz I'll tell ya what, 21 years of watching my parents, and 5 years of myself driving, just want to inform you, that deer DON'T just stay still, they move, and that just maneuvering around said deer, won't work at 35mph...

Just to let you know...

Quick Reply: snow sucks